[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GBP vs. EURO Brexit impact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: saf.png (64KB, 686x511px) Image search: [Google]
saf.png
64KB, 686x511px
Hello /biz/.

I live in the UK and I am selling some property overseas, for which I stand to be paid in Euros.

Should I hold on to the Euros until the Brexit or convert them earlier ?
How do you see the GBP reacting to the actual event ?
>>
>>2911015
Do you have a Euro bank account? It might not be a bad idea keeping a bunch of Euros.

The actual event won't have a big effect because it's all priced in but the Euro has been getting stronger not only against GBP but also USD and other currencies. Brexit will be seen as a relieve and positive for the Eurozone by the markets.
>>
>>2911078
I have a International account in Euros, yes.
Do you reckon the Euro will keep getting stronger the closer we get to the event ?
>>
>>2911494
there won't be a single event. once everything is done it will be good for EUR and GBP because the uncertainty is over but bottom line I see very few upsides for GB.

Euro will be much less affected by Brexit than GBP.

But for gods sake don't base your position on something you read on a maltese church tour board
>>
GBP has been losing value, and that pretty much is a preview of what the market actually thinks will happen. (since no Brexit has actually happened yet).

The funny thing is that the idiot Brexiters think they are "fighting the elite!!!11" when the primary characteristic of a serf was to always be landlocked and have less freedom to things. And the primary characterstic of poverty being unable to buy lots of stuff.

By devaluing the coin, guys like Dyson are going to make a killing (because cheap exports, yay), whilst everyone else is slowly being converted into a "cheap chinese worker" for whome everything around him will slowly seem more and more expensive.

And everything means everything. Fuel is an imported product, therefore even domestic products will become more expensive due to transportation alone.

tl'dr. Its GBP is fucked.
>>
>>2912193
We will get tariff free access to the single market and things will go on as normal. I don't think you realize how integrated the EU and UK economies are. It would be worse for the EU in many respects if we didn't get tariff free access and just walked away. It's not in anyone's interest to cause trouble. The Euro is not the safe currency people think it is either.
>>
>>2912193
The UK is on course to become third Islamic shite hole world within the century. Most people can't see the forest before the trees.
>>2911015
Brexit is probably priced in by now. Both will gain on the dollar, but Euro will outperform Good Boy Points.
>>
>>2912193
the GBP has been rising against all currencies except the euro for like 3 months, this is an infantile assessment of affairs, typical of this board.
>>
>>2912193
>£ losing value makes us "cheap chinese workers"

Just like Europe and America then, who both have currencies valued below GBP.

>>2911015
The markets are expecting a "hard Brexit", I can't see GBP falling any lower.
>>
>>2912265
Kek you been sippin the ukip juice bro, hold on tight to the sinking ship I guess
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.