[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OPUS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: opus_logo_white.png (4KB, 104x41px) Image search: [Google]
opus_logo_white.png
4KB, 104x41px
Real proper normie application for blockchain.
Worth investing? I see potential but I also see the main players as strong direct competitors.
https://opus-foundation.org
>>
>>2909757
>t. Opus is a decentralized music-sharing platform that tackles the issue
of music ownership and sharing at an infrastructure and protocol level. Leveraging
the speed and redundancy of a novel Interplanetary FileSystem, IPFS,
Opus can scale and deliver thousands of tracks per second in a fully decentralized
manner. This throughput is achieved by encrypting music tracks on
the fly and storing the encrypted music files permanently on the IPFS swarm.
Only the decryption keys, and file hashes, are saved immutably on the Opus
smart contract. By only storing the decryption keys and reference hashes, we
can facilitate a number of novel features such as file ownership, trade, and full
decentralization. With Opus, artists can monetize their content by selling permanent
access to their IPFS music files and decryption keys directly to a fan’s
Ethereum contract, without any middleman. With additional application layers,
Opus music players introduce a novel way for users to maintain ownership of
music tracks they played across different players and different continents. As
everything is transparently stored in the Opus smart contract, we will also facilitate
additional governance mechanisms such as a Opus DAO (Decentralized
Autonomous Organization) treasury funded from a small percentage of each
sale, and an artist bounty system that allows artists to pay a small amount for
people to share their tracks. The possibilities are endless
>>
>>2909757
I can see this have real world value and might be very attractive to smaller artists and experimental artists like you'd find on bandcamp and soundcloud.
>>
>>2909757
The main benefits of Opus are that it's free for artists, songs are permanently avaliable, and it's censorship proof.

This seems very interesting.
>>
>>2909757
https://opus-foundation.org

They just refreshed their web, looks super pro now. And shows they're active.
>>
This honestly looks like a good project. It's a shame a pump group full of shitskins and teenagers is truly to dump it in this thread, though.
>>
5 posts by the same ID.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>2909958
Yeah, I'm bumping. What great insight you have to spot this. Just figured it was a cool project and /biz/ could have a look at it. Why do I smell newfag?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.