[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/, help me crowdfund a thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Freewifi.jpg (530KB, 1033x689px) Image search: [Google]
Freewifi.jpg
530KB, 1033x689px
A few years ago, I was watching the idiots at Vice news wander through the riots at Ferguson and narrowly escape being culturally enriched to death. The livestream was amazing.. the two girls and Tim narrowly escaped a BBC rape death over and over.

I remember watching and thinking, boy, I wish I could be there livestreaming, but also be comfortable and safe. So here's what I'm doing now:

I'm saving up to buy a military surplus BRDM-2 from an overseas importer. They can be had for under $10,000, and are easily made street legal. Just have to add turn signals, horn, etc. The interiors can be customized and made comfy.

People (mostly /pol/) already have expressed strong interest in paying to put advertising, catchphrases, and names / WW2 bomber art on the APC, as well as for the privilege of access to the loudspeakers that will be installed. Here's a lengthy 8gag thread if you're curious:

>http://archive.is/ZiSd4

What would be a good way to crowdfund this so maybe we can start with a larger APC- like maybe a BTR-60? That way we could carry more VIPs for an in-person experience.

Obviously this wouldn't be good for contained, highly localized riots like Berkeley, but for spread out chaos zones like Ferguson. At places like Berkeley, the APC could perform the function of holding 'the line' for the safe media section.
>>
>>2906518
tldr;
/pol/ wants to buy a retard mobile so that they can be ridiculed in the street as well as online.
>>
>>2906540
>/pol/ wants to buy a retard mobile so that they can be ridiculed in the street as well as online.

/thread
>>
>>2906540
>>2906546

It's okay there's still time to get in on this, no need to be salty
>>
>>2906518
Link or title of the vice video?
>>
>>2906610

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nsyDczPdmg

That's just some of it
>>
some with Tim pool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgSuZQyaTE
>>
>>2906561
Okay, honestly.
Regardless which political views you or I have, it is retarded on a financial level. Like most ideas /pol or any other political idiocracy propose.

a) you will be known
The people will look out for you. They seek attention either by interacting with you or kicking you ass.
b) They will kick your ass
You might try to tell me "i will build this sturdy" but this is not what I mean. You have a name and you will be traced.
c) You are fucked anyways
If you drive without watching out for bystanders or rioteers, you can get charged for manslaughter or even murder.The amount of shit you get to experience is beyond measurements, the legal costs in such an occurance will most likely crush you.
d) the ROI is low
How many will pay for it?
When do you go break even?
Can you provide technological experience / know how / funds?

It is nice that you have a name, what to use, what to do and how to attract people. But the project itself is fundamentally flawed by the fact, that you attract not the average joe who is not openly admitting in liking to watch "riot tourism". Your target group is the random neckbeard /poltard. They have neither enough buying power nor they are reliable enough to create a stable flow of cash to make this project profitable.
>>
>>2906724

It's a passion project. Doesn't have to turn a profit. And I'm pretty sure that just parking it at the edge of a riot and livestreaming in HD / 4k & selling to news networks could provide a nice revenue stream.

I'm familiar with things like fire suppression and anti-molotov systems. And being traced down in person is not a problem.
>>
>>2906760
This opens up other fields for doubt:

a) This does not match with the initial plan, as the news networks will not buy the stream if a /pol/tard has anything to do with it - you need to decide which group of buyers you want to have, because you cannot have both.
b) what makes you different from a resident who is catching up to your stream and is just pointing out his webcam to mimic your way of streaming, when you park at the edge of the riot?
c) if you park at a corner, you are not nearly as mobile as a group of reporters, making me doubt the prospects of the same "feeling".
>>
>>2906845
>a) This does not match with the initial plan, as the news networks will not buy the stream if a /pol/tard has anything to do with it - you need to decide which group of buyers you want to have, because you cannot have both.
>b) what makes you different from a resident who is catching up to your stream and is just pointing out his webcam to mimic your way of streaming, when you park at the edge of the riot?
>c) if you park at a corner, you are not nearly as mobile as a group of reporters, making me doubt the prospects of the same "feeling".

You're correct, it doesn't match because it isn't really necessary, it's just an option
>>
>>2906882
>You're correct, it doesn't match because it isn't really necessary, it's just an option

Sorry, but even tough it is a passion project, I would criticize the sheer loss of a solid plan.
I am not talking about a plan to make it profitable - as you said it is for passion only, it wont need to be profitable.
I am also not questioning your ability to make this vehicle somewhat secure for you or getting the right people to set up the tech to make the stream stable and running.

But I think that you underestimate the legal consequences, lack the capabilities to make an actual plan for actions or react to problems accordingly.

Some other problems: riots are spontaneous.
How do you know for sure that you are in the area if they occur?
>>
I like the idea
>>
>>2906518
Enjoy flat tires and being cooked alive by molotovs
>>
>>2906845
Stop larping anon. It's painfully obvious you're a college kid with no idea what you're talking about. I've worked with independent camera men recording events and selling the footage, and
a) news networks couldn't give less of a shit about your political affiliation or whatever else you do, as long as the quality is good.
b) if you're going to invest 10k in a vehicle, you obviously can throw an extra two thousands for studio tier equipment
c) you pick one relevant spot and stick to it for a few minutes, networks do NOT pay for shaky cam footage
>>
File: 1497809965478.jpg (237KB, 683x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497809965478.jpg
237KB, 683x626px
BRDM has inflatable tires, they will break. BMP-1 with rubber pads on the tracks are a better option. Are tracked vehicles allowed in America?
>>
>>2906518
Would back on Indiegogo/10

But
1) how do you plan on not running anyone over
2) why not drones? Perhaps with armoured vehicle as your base/charging and control station
>>
File: IMG_1895.jpg (66KB, 691x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1895.jpg
66KB, 691x767px
>>2906518
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.