[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any anons in the swimming pool industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: green-pool.jpg (55KB, 700x431px) Image search: [Google]
green-pool.jpg
55KB, 700x431px
I work full-time for a small pool service and repair company in Texas. Currently have 1 year experience. I can clean any pool and filter. I'm also trying to learn about the repair side of things. I'm thinking about investing in some good tools and attempting to build a Saturday route on the side. Start off with a couple accounts for full service and repair to get practice doing everything myself. I will keep working with my company and keep learning in the meantime. My goal would be to have a 5 day weekly route which I work 100% myself. I do have a business degree and good people skills so that side of things will come fairly easy for me.

Any anons here in the pool industry? Service, repairs, or construction? Would love to hear stories and advice.
>>
I worked 6 months cleaning pools.
>>
>>2905378
Nice. Guessing you worked for somebody else though. How many pools a week did you service and what was your pay if you mind I ask? Also what was your geographical location/climate? Did you enjoy the job?
>>
>>2905398
My geographical location is Brazil but I worked with it in Florida.
I cleaned about 15 pools a day. There were days that I cleaned more, there were days that I cleaned less.
I earned little, the person I worked for was very cheap and I still had to pay the gas, chlorine, acid and all the rest.
I cleaned about 15 pools a day. There were days that I cleaned more, there were days that I cleaned less.
I earned little, the person I worked for was very cheap and I still had to pay the gas, chlorine, acid and all the rest.
In the summer I was almost paying to work. In the winter it gave a little more money.
>>
I earned little, the person I worked for was very cheap and I still had to pay the gas, chlorine, acid and all the rest.My geographical location is Brazil but I worked with it in Florida.
In the summer I was almost paying to work. In the winter it gave a little more money.
>>
I earned little, the person I worked for was very cheap and I still had to pay the gas, chlorine, acid and all the rest.My geographical location is Brazil but I worked with it in Florida.
>>
>>
>>2905298
Used to work in water treatment industry, a lot of our clients were guys building and servicing swimming pools and spas.

Advice: talk your clients into buying nice and simple automation systems for water quality.
Good recurrent business for you, security for the enduser and his family.

I've seen too many trainwrecks to ever not sell an automation.
>>
>>2905464
>>
>>
File: poolclock.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
poolclock.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
>>2905464
Well I imagine Brazil is pretty rough for servicing pools. 15 per day and having to pay for all those expenses does suck. I think that in general, pool route owners will be very cheap in general. That's why I want to just have my own route and go solo. There really isn't much to gain working for somebody else as a service tech, because you likely will never make more. The only thing to gain really is experience unless you foresee yourself taking on the managerial role. You must have worked your ass off, good job. I have no expenses other than sun screen lotion and my company even provides me with a truck.

>>2905464
>>2905482
>>2905520
>>2905549
nice memes

>>2905554
Yeah. A big part of profit coming from pool accounts is from repairs and filter cleans. There are a lot of nice improvements to tell customers about. However, you have to draw a line between what the customer needs and ways to exploit the customer by getting them to buy things they don't need. In Texas, most pools have automation systems. The one's that don't, honestly have perfectly good set-ups just using a time clock. It really depends on how complicated the pool is. I service some very prominent homes with state of the art equipment as well as very simple and outdated stuff. Honesty and trying to save the customer money will provide the best security in my opinion.
>>
>>2905640
If you're in the Houston area I'm sure you're already servicing The Woodlands. If so, nice market area ;) (hint hint)
>>
>>2905654
Yes I have serviced many pools in the Woodlands. We have accounts all over the northwest area of Houston. This is probably one of the best markets in the United States due to the difficulty and demand.
>>
>>2905378
Did you fuck any wives?
>>
>>2905464
>>2905482
>>2905520
>>2905549
>>2905610
>>2905626
Nice just bought 100k!
>>
>>2905686
No. I just got fucked by my boss who paid me little and made me buy the cleaning supplies and customers who did some shit in the pool and then blamed me.
>>
>>2905640
Just stay away from the chlorine tablets, those contain cyanuric acid stuff which completely inactivate any active chlorine in the pool.
Only solution here is completely draining the pool, scrubbing off all surfaces and refilling with clean water.

If you understand the chemistry, you're pretty much also a consultant for your clients.. which allows you to charge more in certain situations etc.

Good luck anon
>>
>>2905819
I use trichlor tabs and granular shock. Yes, the tabs have acid. There is always more to learn about the chemistry and you are correct. Chemistry is part of the service.

In Texas, you pretty much have to use slow dissolving chlorine to get it through the week. There is no way around it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.