[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is forex worth learning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5156.jpg (30KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5156.jpg
30KB, 283x178px
Is forex worth learning?
>>
No, you'll lose even money in Forex than in crypto.
>>
>>2895052
Yes. It also requires less money than bitcoin to succeed.
>>
>>2895086
>with insane leverage

Outside of robinhood, crypto has the lowest barrier to entry. Pretty sure mainstream, secure, fx accounts have minimums.
>>
>>2895073
malarkey
>>
I've been trying to learn about this for over a year and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface and don't even know what's really going on.
>>
>>2895127
honestly same, like I get what's going on y'know..it cost ___ to buy USD with another currency, you hope one goes down...but how do you predict?
>>
File: 1485922717858.png (354KB, 876x2552px) Image search: [Google]
1485922717858.png
354KB, 876x2552px
>>2895154
That part I think I get, for example to go long AUDUSD you borrow x amount of USD and then sell that and buy one lot of AUD with it where x is determined by whatever the exchange rate is.
>>
It sounds appetizing but don't forget china shut off there markets a couple years ago when the bottom was dropping out.
>>
>>2895323
If your looking for a good example of CB intervention then probably the best would be how in Jan 15 SNB said they will maintain the peg and then a week later they said they are abandoning the peg. They changed suddenly without warning right after the ECB said they are going to implement huge QE and the SNB knew they couldn't keep affording to pay that much money to maintain their peg.
But I think that's something unique about forex that I find interesting. In equities it's cut throat competition to profit and nobody is going to leave you any money on the table, but in forex you got these huge banks that spend tens of billions to manipulate their rates. The CBs have to keep pouring money down the drain to maintain their rates, and that's a lot of money on the table.
>>
>>2895154
>but how do you predict?
price action. everything that effects price is reflected in price.

open a demo account and stare at some charts 3-4 hours a day for a few months and the rest of your free time sifting through what you can find with google and trying to find that .00001% of information that's actually valid.

it's either going to make sense for you or it isn't.
>>
I can't help but see it as a less interesting, less volatile version of crypto
>>
>>2895274
you're over complicating this. buy/long aud/usd means you're hoping for aud to go up in value relative to usd. sell/short means you want it to go down.

either way you make money if it goes the way you're hoping. a lot of times it won't, especially if you don't know what you're doing. http://babypips.com/school
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.