[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting my own Altcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: dumpsterfire-111169.jpg (62KB, 864x645px) Image search: [Google]
dumpsterfire-111169.jpg
62KB, 864x645px
Sup /biz/

I want to start my own altcoin to service a profitable subculture and niche.

(haven't been to /biz/ in years but it looks like 90% of your topics are circlejerking over cryptocurrencies instead of actual business discussion like five years ago, so fuck it.. I'm using you for what you are now)

Let's say in theory that I have my niche mapped out and the name targeted in such a way that I can guarantee everyone will be talking about this coin and encouraging people (in that niche) to use it to pay them. I did viral marketing - the real kind, based on knowing what people will share, not by using clickbait techniques - for years before the old professionals like myself got squeezed out by faggot millennials who live four to a shitty apartment and write clickbait articles all day. I also have some mid level wall street connections who would be interested if this gets to Dogecoin level.

I'm looking into making it on the Ethereum network, but the options are fucking bewildering and everything is this contract based shit. I'm not sure I want to use my precious almonds on learning how something works if I'm not actually going to use it, but I guess using their framework is a better option than just cloning Bitcoin or Dogecoin and starting from scratch, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>2893461
>I'm looking into making it on the Ethereum network
lame. make your own coin dude.
>>
You didn't even ask a question. You are clearly a retard. Please kill yourself.
>>
Some altcoins have included gimmicky shit to try to stand out. The only gimmicky shit I'd need would maybe be something that ranks people depending on how many unique transactions they have, and for how much. There would need to be some way to prevent people from gaming the leaderboards with spam transactions.

Anonymity is extremely low profile for this coin- the people using it will generally not care about it- at least not the ones getting paid. Just accept this, it's targeting a niche

I don't want the value of the coin to skyrocket so much that people think it's an investment. I guess I want people to be able to mine it. I'd maybe want to be able to issue some of it for hype and marketing purposes, but I don't need to be holding a bunch of coins in order to make money with them during the five seconds of fame this will get.

(Aw fuck it, yes I do- and since the target market won't be hardcore cryptocurrency types, no one will care that we have a bunch of the money pre-mined or whatever the Ethereum version is if we use that)

In the end it should be something that encourages being used as a means of exchange, and not as an investment. Which I know will turn 90% of /biz/ off since most of you feel like you missed out on Bitcoin and desperately want to catch the next big wave.

For those of you still reading, what do you suggest I start with?
>>
>>2893470
>You didn't even ask a question. You are clearly a retard. Please kill yourself.

>What are wordcount limits

Sorry to trigger you. :'(

>>2893467

I'm good with the idea of making my own coin, I just haven't found good resources on how to do it. So far the only advantage to the Ethereum network would be the ability to use it in wallets right off the bat, being able to "co-mine" with Ethereum- which I'm kind of fuzzy on since it seems like this means everyone who mines Ethereum would be getting my coin too, and being able to tell people "this is built off of Ethereum so you know it's good, go google Ethereum"

However, it also looks like using Ethereum is just making 'tokens' that exist on their network. All their shit is confusing.

The target market is 100% NOT hardcore cryptocurrency enthusiasts.
>>
Just bought 100k
>>
File: 1501035880888.png (9KB, 642x371px) Image search: [Google]
1501035880888.png
9KB, 642x371px
>>2893500

I think I love what /biz/ has turned into already
>>
So you're gonna pre-mine this coin and be a bagholder, then dump it at a later stage for your profit?
How do you think this will go down in a niche community?
The second people realise you're in it for profit (which should be the only reason you're doing it) they'll turn against you and your whole operation is over.
GG op you just activated your almonds and wasted precious time on a fruitless venture
>>
>>2893490

Sup /biz/

(haven't been to /biz/ in years but it looks like 90% of your topics are circlejerking over cryptocurrencies instead of actual business discussion like five years ago, so fuck it.. I'm using you for what you are now)

Let's say in theory that I have my niche mapped out and the name targeted in such a way that I can guarantee everyone will be talking about this coin and encouraging people (in that niche) to use it to pay them. I did viral marketing - the real kind, based on knowing what people will share, not by using clickbait techniques - for years before the old professionals like myself got squeezed out by faggot millennials who live four to a shitty apartment and write clickbait articles all day. I also have some mid level wall street connections who would be interested if this gets to Dogecoin level.

I'm looking into making it on the Ethereum network, but the options are fucking bewildering and everything is this contract based shit. I'm not sure I want to use my precious almonds on learning how something works if I'm not actually going to use it, but I guess using their framework is a better option than just cloning Bitcoin or Dogecoin and starting from scratch, but I'm not sure.

Sup /biz/

Let's say in theory that I have my niche mapped out and the name targeted in such a way that I can guarantee everyone will be talking about this coin and encouraging people (in that niche) to use it to pay them. I did viral marketing - the real kind, based on knowing what people will share, not by using clickbait techniques - for years before the o

This post is max limit. Please kys
>>
>>2893510

>So you're gonna pre-mine this coin and be a bagholder, then dump it at a later stage for your profit?
>How do you think this will go down in a niche community?
>The second people realise you're in it for profit (which should be the only reason you're doing it) they'll turn against you and your whole operation is over.
>GG op you just activated your almonds and wasted precious time on a fruitless venture

It won't go down like that exactly. The people in this niche aren't crypto nerds, they aren't /biz/ armchair getrichquick investors, and they won't necessarily even care that I have a stockpile of the currency.

Mainly I'll use the reserves to keep the market cap from spiking, so no one ever experiences a hindsight million dollar pizza regret.
>>
bancor network token. next year.
>>
>>2893542
>market cap

I'm retarded and meant to say value.

>>2893529

Combine the two posts:

>>2893461
>>2893473

Do they fit in one post? No? Then perhaps you should invest in a helium exit bag, salty mc saltface.
>>
>>2893509
Bought 100k will be our captain and star midfielder in the next trollball cup right?
>>
File: oTMz6aW.jpg (69KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
oTMz6aW.jpg
69KB, 540x360px
>>
OK OP, here's what you do. I though about trying something like this, but then realized I'm too lazy to actually do it.
Create a contract in Ethereum that creates your token. Give it a set price, something like 0.001 ETH for 1 shitcoin or whatever you call it, that way the value will be tied to the value of ETH, and won't change too fast. The contract will do normal token stuff, but also let people buy and sell tokens for the (same) fixed ETH price. So one can buy 1000 shitcoins for 1 ETH, then later decide to sell you back the 1000 shitcoins for 1 ETH.
But instead of a normal contract, you make it an updatable one. So all the functions call a similarly named function in another contract, and then adjust token balences and/or send ETH as needed.
When you decide to cash out, update the contract so that if your address tries to sell tokens, it receives all of the ETH, instead of the set 0.001 ETH/shitcoin price. So you take the ETH and run. The value of your shitcoin drops to 0, everyone hates you, but you made some money.
You may want to sell the ETH quickly, since there was an incident in the past where Ethereum hard forked because the devs didn't like some transactions that someone did. I doubt they would bother with a hard fork for a small shitcoin, but it will be a while before I fully trust Ethereum.
>>
>>2893659

That's hilarious and also not what I want to do at all. But it's a perfect illustration of why the contract system of ETH weirds me out.
>>
I'm reading up on creating this from source code.

http://dillingers.com/blog/2015/04/18/how-to-make-an-altcoin/

Would you guys say this is an accurate guide?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.