[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is accounting such an ignored subject? I go to the top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why is accounting such an ignored subject?

I go to the top business school in my country and I'm really into accounting. I like the idea of creating financial information to describe and analyse a business I like reasoning back and forth about what information "should" be produced, what information is reliable and so on, and accounting can be a really intellectually stimulating subject, but it just seems like the school itself hardly gives a shit about that field. It' like accounting ever only is given attention when it is treated like a sub-category of corporate finance. This is what I mean:

Economics is given its own master and phd-program. Finance is given 2 own masters (one of them is a dubble degree) and a phd. Accounting is just available as part of a general business-master.

The school has a bunch of special "clubs" and events that are available for students of finance and economics.

Also, it seems like the entire academic field of accounting is completely unexplored,while both finance and economics has plenty of "big ideas", accounting just seems void of all of that, except a few things like maybe "the death spiral" and agency theory.

Has anyone noticed this too? Why don't the business academia give a shit about this subject?
>>
>>2885153
Accountants are beta cucks. They're like the nurses of the business world. People are debating global fiscal policy and corporate strategy and you're wondering how to format a spreadsheet.
>>
>>2885206
> CPA
> Make $150k a year doing nothing hanging out in a climate controlled building

Get cucked.
>>
>>2885206
Kek, fairly accurate description.

>>2885153
Seriously though OP, it's "boring" (the field itself is relatively stable, as accounting changes don't happen at a very fast pace), which is why it isn't talked about as much or has as much hype. This makes it a fairly comfy field though. I knew some accountants who worked for a company for 10+ years, and we're getting paid well enough to support themselves and be able to retire on a normal schedule, all while only working about 40 hours per week
>>
>>2885153
From my experience people treat accounting as they would applied professional studies.

It doesn't really attract that many people who want to pursue it on a more theoretical level (insofar as to give it serious research)

Maybe that's why if i had to guess
>>
>>2885232
Lol so do nurses and they're betas too.

>Claiming you make "good money" therefore you aren't a beta

Maximum beta. You live in a comfy baby world and play with baby toys while the big grownups in finance go do real alpha shit.
>>
>>2885232
>making 150k to be stuck in a climate controlled building all day
>>
>>2885153
accounting is fucking shit cuck tier desu

If you arent an investment banker or Financial mathematician I have no respect for your field
>>
Its boring buddy
>>
Because AI will be doing it soon enough, career path will soon be irrelevant
>>
>>2885153
>Why is accounting such an ignored subject?
the blockchain is a new paradigm of accounting that will wipe you out. Also algos will be able to replace accountants.
>>
>>2885544
>neet who lives with his mummy
>claims to be an expert in technology, with the ability to predict huge trends I'm certain fields
You should get checked for the tism
>>
Just thank God you didn't fall for the trades meme, I know there's been a lot of shitposting about the trades but it's fucking shit, I wish I went back to school, there is no money here.
>>
>>2885423
>tfw accounting for the money
>tfw the only thing that makes me happy is art

I'm using my spare time and gains to try to sell children's books or something. I can at least afford an agency for advertising/publishing with my salary.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.