[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Short the housing market?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 290x174px
How would one go about shorting the housing market, more specifically in an area/city? There are areas right now with nothing short of hyperinflation of property values due to lack of supply, to the point where the city may enact ordinances requiring "affordable housing", which has actually done nothing but lower supply more and drive up costs.

Obviously longing a housing market is as simple as buying, but how would one short?

>inb4 watch the big short
I'm more concerned with a local short
>>
>>2883443
borrow houses from friends and sell them, then when you close your short after the houses crash you buy back the same amount of huoses to cover loan from friends
>>
>>2883443
Buy puts for housing. I think you can work out some options deals with banks that provide housing loans. Seriously, this might your best bet cause you said it has to be only local housing.
>>
Yeah I saw this in The Big Short (martin short?) and I want to do it too. I don't see why everyone doesn't just short the housing market and become ricj lmao
>>
If you're interested in going against the real estate market you can buy real estate inverse shares of etfs like SRS. If you really think its going to crash and burn then, DRV.
Shorting specific area is usually correlated with entire market, but a lot more risky as unlike etf portfolios, housing in one area is not diversified.
Don't really recommend you doing any of this, better to wait for the crash, and buy at a bargain.
>>
>>2883443
You can short reits cant you?
>>
>>2883513
At this point it might not be the worst to bet against the whole market but I still see that as too much risk. The local specification is key because I can actually see from an "insider" perspective how unsustainable the market is
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.