[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Funding Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: solar PV.jpg (4MB, 4032x2272px) Image search: [Google]
solar PV.jpg
4MB, 4032x2272px
Hi All,

Here's a /biz/ Question for you cryptocurrency experts - appreciate it if someone could enlighten me.

Me and my friend operate a construction firm in Asia, and we build Mini-Hydroelectric and Solar PV plants. Now we're thinking of setting up a small 1MW power plant, with a timeframe of 2 years.

We've been hearing all about these new form of crowd-funding through cyptocurrencies, and was thinking, why hasn't anyone thought of creating an ICO Token that represents ownership of a power plant's profit stream before?
>>
just search solar
>>
>>2871822
FUCK OFF WITH THAT CROWDFUNDING BULLSHIT

CRYPTO TOKENS ARE NOT MEANT FOR CROWDFUNDING, THEIR POINT IS TO BE USED AS TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZATION

AND ALL YOU FUCKERS KEEP CREATING USELESS CENTRALIZED ICO TOKENS AS IF YOU WERE ON FUCKING KICKSTARTER

FUCK

OFF

thank you
>>
>>2871885
yeah, but if you look into it, we're decentralizing energy production with small 1MW plants, and allowing small communities to pay for a share of the plant. I just don't like community solar PV energy going to the big energy companies and utilities, that's all.
>>
>>2871904
But what's the point of your token besides being (unregulated) shares in your company?

What you're proposing is interesting but what does that have to do with crypto?
>>
>>2871947
Let's say you're in a small town, and you're town takes power from the grid at the moment. You suffer blackouts because either your government is mismanaging your state's energy, or your grid transmission lines are faulty due to environmental reasons like storms or hurricanes.

> everyone in your community agrees to fund a either a solar PV plant or a hydroelectric plant, so that they may have their own stable source of electricity.
> Project is about $2M for a 1 MW Capacity plant. You dig in to everyone's coffers then find out that money isn't enough
> you take a 60% loan from the bank, you fund 20% of from your own pockets, and try to see if 20% can be floated as "bonds".

Instead of going through legal loopholes and megacorporations blocking community activities by preventing bond sales and fund raising activities etc, just go to the world and say "hey, we want to build a power plant and we want you to help us build it, for each token you buy, you own 100Watts of this power plant's total capacity in perpetuity"
>>
>>2871822
That's not a token anymore. It's a security. You're creating a legal nightmare.
>>
>>2872040
ok, noted - makes sense. would like more responses though? before i put this idea to bed
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.