[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you own any RISE or SHIFT, your wallets are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: rise_shift.jpg (35KB, 1320x704px)
rise_shift.jpg
35KB, 1320x704px
Reminder that if you own any RISE or SHIFT, your wallets are insecure and are broadcasting your private keys over the web.
>>
Have SHIFT devs made any statement regarding this? Or is it just FUD?
>>
>>2866173
well made me sell my coins desu
>>
Hmm, why are you deliberately excluding LISK? It's as insecure as those two.
>>
i have shift on trex....what do i need to do?
>>
>>2866634
because anyone actually buying lisk at this point is beyond saving.

The project hasn't had any significant developments for almost a year, why would you buy it now?
>>
>>2866645
sell it
>>
Rise forked to ARK codebase already
>>
>>2866851
ARK still has that insecure endpoint that takes everyone's public keys because they forked from LISK. Difference is ARK deprecated that endpoint on day 1 and no code uses it. RISE and SHIFT both have wallets that use that endpoint extensively.
>>
>>2866889
private keys*
>>
>>2866889
well but Rise forked to ARKs codebase so it should be save or what am i missing?
>>
>>2866907
No, RISE and SHIFT both still use the web wallet based on LISK. Those are the only wallets available for those coins and they use the insecure endpoint. ARK has the endpoint but none of their wallet implementations use it.
>>
What do I do to not get fucked by this?
>>
>>2867820
If you've ever used the web wallet, sell everything.
>>
>>2868472

i have shift on bittrex, so i should sell everything in shift wallet or everything on bittrex?
>>
>>2868481
Anything on bittrex is fine as they are running the node and control the private keys.

If you've used the web wallet you need to sign in with your private key phrase. This is sent in plain text to the devs server for validation.

Don't risk it, sell.
>>
Ok so rise ended use of its old wallets,Has swapped chains, and is launching a new wallet along with its site update and its still insecure? Link please.
>>
>>2866160
If it is so unsafe, then it is the same if u all send me ur rise to me

5655077966223020730R

Think about it
>>
>>2868665
Go on the site. They're still telling people to use the web wallet which is proven insecure. Fag.
>>
>>2866965
Couldn't a hacker just force the implementation of the deprecated endpoint code, making his job easier?

I don't know how relevant SQL or buffer injection or the like would be, but wouldn't it just make life easier for hackers if they called the endpoint method through an injection (despite it not being used, it still raises red flags for me) instead of being forced to find another way?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.