[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now what the fuck is happening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: wat.png (64KB, 1377x1189px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
64KB, 1377x1189px
>>
File: goodorbad.jpg (168KB, 747x455px) Image search: [Google]
goodorbad.jpg
168KB, 747x455px
>>
This shit confuses the hell out of me me.
Can someone give me a 3 line greentext explanation on the whole 1st of August thing?
>>
>>2861353
you still haven't disclosed the status of the first 144 blocks. when will we know?
>>
>>2861997
>miners and devs cant agree on whether to increase the blocksize or not
>if they cant agree by aug 1st then BTC could potentially split into 2 implementations
>this is unlikely but the volatility will be high around this period.
>>
>>2862022
I don't know anything anymore, I thought i knew but now I'm just fucking confused, are non segwit meant to be rejected already? what the fuck is this?
>>
>>2861997
>btc split
>chaos
>mad gains

also
>maybe your BTC will become multiple BTCs

It's like holding ETH when ETC was made by the differing consensus.
>>
>>2861997
can't in 3

>segwit was initially proposed through bip141 which required 95% support over an interval of 2k blocks
>bip91 was an agreement to start rejecting blocks not supporting bip141 as to achieve automatically 100% signalling
>now that bip91 is in effect we have to wait for the next 2k blocks period cause we didn't make the current one in time

August 1st is a non-event.
>>
>>2862048
ok makes sense now
>>
>>2862035
nah m8, most had already implemented SegWit, 1 of agust was the deadline, but the majority was achieved today, (not sure if today or yesterday) in any case this is not the end of this eternal bullshit argument because Segwit can be reversed....
>>
>>2862062
Still have the block size to be argued as well, but it's progress
>>
DGB solved all this stuff already. People clinging to BTC are like oldtimers still saying records are better than MP3s.
>>
>>2863278
>DGB
Thanks for the good laugh anon
>>
>>2863278
>>2863299
as much as you people laugh at DGB, it was one of the best performing coins in 2017

literally jumped from a fraction of a cent to almost 8 cents
>>
>>2863278
Well BTC is objectively one of the worst coins out there. All the top coins out-bitcoin bitcoin and offer a lot more.
>>
>>2861353
Looking like it means it's time to invest in USDT
>>
>>2863318
>investing in tether
kek
>>
>>2863321
biz
>>
>>2861353
BIP91 is already locked in and enforced, which is why the pie chart at the top shows 100% segwit. The countdown you see now is for the lock in of BIP141 (the original segwit bip).
>>
>>2862031
How do they agree? Is there a conference going on in Monaco or what?
>>
>>2863607
Have you heard of the internet?
>>
>THE RUSSIANS AND CHINESE CONTROL YOUR FUTURE

DEAR GOD
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.