[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apps and Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: share_steam_logo[1].png (21KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
share_steam_logo[1].png
21KB, 512x512px
Heya, /biz/

What are your thoughts and experiences in the world of game and app development? Have any of you had success working in these fields?

I've been working on a project that I hope to release on Steam for a humble price, but between wage-slaving and life it's been a slow process. I have about a dozen other engines (although they are much more basic) that could quickly and easily be turned into basic little games that might be suitable for the average mobile casual type of gamer.

Aside from gaming, what about basic app sales? A lot of the market has been cornered with nearly every conceivable "problem" being solved with an app. Is there still much room for entry at this point?
>>
Hi OP I have a game in Steam Early Access.
I made around 10k there in 1 year and my game is full of bugs and far from finiished

However I'm a bit of outlier, I've spoken with tons of other guys, the majority has made less than 1k in sales, I only found one guy that made more than me (he said he made 15k per month).

The market is saturated, everyone and their dogs is making games and apps, and now there's Steam Direct that allows anyone to publish a game in Steam by paying a small fee.

Go back to crypto, you'll probably make more money there
>>
>>2845248
What's your game man? I might be interested in doing programming for you if you're looking for someone to help with that
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.