[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Lets have an honest conversation...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1486584195703.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1486584195703.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
How far along is ethereum in its development process and how close are they to completing their goals?

Everyone always talks highly of what ethereum seeks to do but no one ever dares consider that it might not be feasible. I tried looking for myself but I couldn't find anything other than a the roadmap which is fine but if your familliar with any kind of development it doesn't take much for a team to lie about their progress or get stuck on an issue for months longer than anticipated.

Is the price of ethereum entirely just speculation or is there actually something besides multisig that they currently bring to the table?
>>
you guys need to stop looking at ETH as an investment and more like a tool.

I just created a token today and it took like 5 minutes. the hardest part was downloading the blockchain onto my computer.

can't you see the opportunity here. everybody get to shillin your ERC-20 tokens. it's fun!
>>
>>2844562
>how close
there's no difference between ethereum and our literal plan to go to mars on the development cycle.

people can't do anything with it because it doesn't scale.
>>
File: 1494989523148.jpg (41KB, 600x600px)
1494989523148.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>2844577
yeah but what does your token do and whats the appeal? there are plenty of other crypto's that'll put your token in their token, ETH's gimmik and that you can utilize computing power off of their network which has yet to be demonstrated.

Cool you can make your own token, woohoo, but what point is there if there are millions of others just like it and it offers nothing more than the hundreds of others. Its like buying saying target generic brand pain killer is better than walmart generic brand pain killer. Despite a possible small price difference they are literally the exact same thing.
>>
>>2844627
you can make tokens with it. that's the function.
>>
>>2844635
yeah people can download photos of mars too.
>>
>>2844635
the price IS NOT based on that tho, tons of other cryptos let you do that, ETH's (((promise))) is that it will allow computation through the blockchain which i repeat has never been attempted before and is only a theory at this point
>>
While the concept of programmatic currency is interesting, and ambitious, it seems more like a meme than anything practical
>>
File: 1496787473492.jpg (110KB, 900x906px) Image search: [Google]
1496787473492.jpg
110KB, 900x906px
>>2844677
i disagree, bitcoin will be around as long as their is a need for it (drugs, black market, corrupt and distrusted gov and banks) but ETH on the other hand could possibly kill every single alt coin that is associated with it. As time keeps passing and the golden goose they promised never appears, people are going to get pissed they fell for their sales pitch in the first place
>>
>>2844652
>ETH's (((promise))) is that it will allow computation through the blockchain which i repeat has never been attempted before

Dude what the fuck lmao you sound like a 90 year old man trying to talk shit about crypto. I hope you are trolling and not actually this retarded.
>>
>>2844766
lol your the retard, do you even know what ETH is trying to accomplish or are you just blowing smoke up Vitalik's asshole because you like the taste

if youre so wise please tell me, has ETH proven they can do any of the things they claim their network can do? You can't thats right because you bought a ponzi scheme and deserve to lose all your money because of it
>>
Ain't there other tokens attempting to do the same?

This is going to be a seriously interdasting time

Did they decided what they're going to do with the stolen eth?
Are they forking, ignoring it or are they gonna special victim unit it?
>>
>>2844633
ETH is the first to do what it does, like bitcoin
>>
>>2844880
pretty much. nobody gives a shit about a waves token, lol

ANS / NEO is gonna be good though because they will be the first in China
>>
>>2844831
> your the retard
Troll confirmed. But i'll answer anyway in case people are wondering.

Computation through the blockchain is literally what smart contracts are. It's occuring 24/7. That was the main goal and Ethereum achieved it long ago. All other goals like casper, raiden, sharding, etc. are merely to make it more efficient.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.