[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we need 2MB blocks they said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (11KB, 1906x46px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11KB, 1906x46px
>we need 2MB blocks they said
>>
>>2835086
what the fuck did he mean by this
>>
>>2835086
>>2835101
given up or trying to pump the price
>>
>>2835086
segwit does increase the blocksize though...

?????
>>
File: ihappentobeanexpert.gif (105KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
ihappentobeanexpert.gif
105KB, 245x245px
>>2835086
That's an exploit they've been trying to fix for a while where a miner can "mine" an empty block with no transactions and still get the reward; segwit is supposed to patch that. 1MB block is enough, though. We're not trying to make transactions fucking free.
>>
>>2835086
I can't see block size in my phone but chinks use a program to decrease there power bill 40 percent and they are able to mine empty blocks so if you see a empty blocks it's not because there are no transactions waiting it's because that make the block they mine to be empty. This is why they did not want this. Also segwit gets rid of this loop hole we hope so. This was never about more block size it was a war between chinks and bitcoin
>>
>>2835101
AntPool just mined a nearly empty block
>>
>>2835230
so this is what segwit is supposed to fix from my understanding, right?
>>
>>2835253
We'll hopefully. This was not found out before the segwit code was writen. They are hoping it will fix it but they don't know we will have to see. If it does fix the empty blocks the. Fees will drop to pretty much nothing
>>
>>2835253
>>2835150
>>2835279

segwit doesn't have anything to do with mining nearly empty blocks

when a pool mines an empty block it's usually (if not done maliciously) because it is mined very quickly and they don't want to wait for the Txs before propagating the block to ensure that they get the reward. So it's a greed thing really, but that's one of the best things about BTC
>>
>>2835292
thanks for explaining /
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.