[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this gonna do in the next two weeks? moon? die? sideways?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Ethereumpic1.png (60KB, 3840x2160px)
Ethereumpic1.png
60KB, 3840x2160px
What's this gonna do in the next two weeks? moon? die? sideways?
>>
slow bleed
>>
>>2832796
>die?

this
>>
>>2832796
Hyperlyth will save it.
>>
>>2832796
>this dial says Ethereum only goes to 10
>>
File: vitalick.png (140KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
vitalick.png
140KB, 256x256px
>>2832796
>>
>>2832796
the DAO hack sent ETH into a year of recession, and back then everyone kept saying "the devs have learnt a lot from it, nothing like this can happen again"
they will keep saying the same thing but are probably gonna be less convincing this time, so this crash could easily be a lot harder

clearly there WILL be hacks where legitimate users are going to lose their ETH in the future due to some bug in the software
yeah BTC had MtGox with the discovery of the transaction malleability, but that's it. no serious hack happened since or before
if you want to actually use something as a store of wealth, any additional complexity over that use only brings security holes

it just got proven ETH is not fit as a store of wealth and likely never will be, but most definitely not in this decade
>>
>>2833362
The lastest issue had nothing to do with eth and everything to do with a wallet system some third party made...
>>
File: future of eth.jpg (194KB, 949x618px) Image search: [Google]
future of eth.jpg
194KB, 949x618px
easy 1k by mid august screenshot this
>>
>>2833372
>The lastest issue had nothing to do with eth

hahahaha

yes it did

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6ob201/32m_153k_eth_stolen_parity_wallet_critical/

>The interesting part is that this isn't a vulnerability is the wallet itself (like a buffer overflow, or incorrect signing), but in the ethereum code template that they use to implement multisig.
>Much like the DAO and other hacks, this boils down to the underlying language being very footgun-y and people not treating it as such.
>>
File: vitalikdao.png (14KB, 589x139px) Image search: [Google]
vitalikdao.png
14KB, 589x139px
>>2833372
it had exactly as much to do with ETH as the DAO hack

vitalik just wasn't affected this time, therefore he didn't do a hardfork to rollback the 'stealing' transactions

https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/741832934814949377
>>
>>2833362
are you really that retarded or is that an high-effort bait? the bug was in a third-party software, not in the ethereum network, you brainless piece of shit
>>
File: vitalikdao2.png (13KB, 585x109px) Image search: [Google]
vitalikdao2.png
13KB, 585x109px
>>2833580
i never said that "the bug was in the ethereum network" i said this hack has nothing less to do with ETH than the DAO hack did, which is 100% correct
it's still the fault of ETH and solidity and people trying to use ETH for something it's clearly not fit for (store of wealth)
>>
>>2833606
there's a language called serpent, which is actually vitalik's favorite language, and it's much better than solidity security-wise. shame on the retards who keep using solidity as the standard for smart contract development, but eth really has no fault. i actually hope there will be again some functional language like LLL, it's unfortunate that it's now deprecated
>>
>>2832796
It's over no serious invester is going to hold it much longer

This is the second time it got hacked and there won't be a fork this time if they don't want to kill it of instantly
They can't just let it slide either the amount of eth could seriously fuck up the price

Im happy i already bought my ANS, granted, i won't buy a lambo with my 100ants but they gains will come now for sure

Look out for a mustang blasting stardust witch meru meru on max volume
>>
lol vitalik literally deleted his tweets saying a "rollback" is not a rollback but a state change or some bullshit
>>
>>2834243
He knows he runs a ponzischeme that's hiding behind tech buzzwords and a giant exotic tech lingo facade
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.