[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soundcloud going down the shitter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

If you've been keeping up you'd know that Soundcloud is about to fall because it hasn't figured out how to effectively monetize itself. This is a sad reality for myself and many other music fans and producers who have the majority of their music saved on the platform.

So if you were Soundcloud or if you wanted to create something to replace Soundcloud, how would you go about monetizing it to ensure that you don't fall victim to the same downfalls that Soundcloud is and has been facing for a long time?
>>
Damn, soundcloud is a really well-made website. I wonder what would happen if they just made every user pay 1$/month to use it.
>>
File: PROFILE1.jpg (250KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
PROFILE1.jpg
250KB, 720x720px
>>2829908
Soundcloud is falling because of their shitty repost system, not their monetization (which is actually not entirely bad). And your replacement with improved monetization already exists, it's called Orfium.
>>
>>2829969
Wow looks like a pretty cool site, wish it had more users but maybe it'll take over from Soundcloud when it inevitably dies.
>>
>>2829908
What's so great about SoundCloud? The interface? A community?
>>
>>2830374
The community and the tracks. 95% of the tracks I listen to are only on Soundcloud, they don't exist on Spotify or any of the other streaming platforms. There's a lot of hidden gems on Soundcloud which are great for a DJ like myself. So many new tracks are uploaded everyday and the ability to repost tracks is great for finding new songs.
>>
>>2830404
Same for me. Been using SC for 7 years now. RIP
>>
>>2830404
You don't need to worry though, soundcloud isn't going anywhere. We might expect some major changes though.
>>
One thing that always aggravated me about soundcloud was that they only allow paid advertisements (sponsored songs and shit) to record labels they have deals with for some retarded fucking reason.

I've been patiently waiting for them to open up a self-serve platform so I can throw my money at them, but it looks like they'd rather go bankrupt instead.
>>
www.twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/885921220759355397
>>
>>2831188
Soundcloud keep saying that they're here to stay but all evidence points to the opposite. They recently laid off 40% of their staff. They just don't want to admit that they're a sinking ship.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.