[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ETH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: whitehat.png (4KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
whitehat.png
4KB, 272x185px
No FUD, just a calm analysis of the options.

Regarding the ETH-hack, we have 4 options:
a) the whitehat told them that there is a possibility to hack and they ignored him
b) the whitehat told them that there is a possibility to hack and they could not fix it in time
c) he did not told them, as he feared that the hack is so easy that anyone could do it any second now and he needed to move fast
d) he did not told them, as is not a whitehat and just wants to create confusion

Option a) is quite possible, as many companies take warnings from whitehats not serious. Very bad, as the trust in ETH will drop considerably.
Option b) is also not impossible, concerning that it might take a while to fix it. However in this case they should take action themself and/or communicate right after it to prevent further damage to the image of ETH - not let the whitehat act on his own. Also very bad, as it indicates not enough know-how on the team to deal with serious events like that.
Option c) sounds probable, but is a strange step to take for a whitehat. Implications are somewhat bad but not as bad as a) and b), because if only points to a serious mistake in the code, not an inherent wrongdoing of the devs itself. Can be solved by transparency and communication. I doubt that Vitalic is mature enough for this, when I look at his style of tweeting...
Option d) would be the worst case. Lost trust, lost coins, lost everything. $30-$40 incoming, forget the flippening, ETH will be just another coin in the foreseeable future.

Either way or another - on top of being in the middle of the correction, ETH will face another bear.
>>
no one cares about the hack you fucking fags
>>
>>2826081
cant tell if youre just larping as a typical /biz/ degenerate or if you actually are so fucking stupid you don't realize the magnitude of these ico's potentially losing their entire funding
>>
I fucking hate this coin. I actually lost almost nothing during this crash since I timed things well but got fucked hard by eth few weeks back when the jews sold of their ICO profits. I can't believe how retarded people are to trust this coin, not even mentioning it getting hacked.
>>
>>2826092
ICOs getting hacked is nice. They orchastrate their vaporware ICO scams to take money from clueless gullible sheep anyway.
>>
>>2826092

To be fair, someone already stated that they got their ETH back, confirming it is (in part) a whitehat-action. The damage seem to amount "only" to about 30 million so far.

Vitalik however pulls off the trump.
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/887782650026631168
>>
File: 1458399804597.jpg (403KB, 976x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1458399804597.jpg
403KB, 976x2048px
>>2826139
The ICO hacks give me satisfaction. Like divine justice being done
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.