[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any crypto oldfags here (from 2014 and earlier) that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 1317578699001.jpg (45KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
1317578699001.jpg
45KB, 650x433px
Are there any crypto oldfags here (from 2014 and earlier) that are STILL struggling to make money with crypto? Do such people exist?

I ain't one, just curious
>>
You realise you've come to the cancer of the internet asking a legit question? This forum is just for shills and idiots pretending they know economics and what's going to happen which a new market that's crypto.
>>
Yea man im here... Spent all my BTC on pills like a degenerate. Now I'm scraping the bottom. Could've bought monero for like 80 cents but I didn't think anything would come anywhere near BTC... Fuck my life, at least I'm sober now
>>
>>2825972
Got in around 2010. Thought I was smarter than the hodl. Sold @ 50usd thinking it would dip.

Cashed out again @ 800 on the way down and had to cash out @ 400 to pay for life BC job market is awful.

Still way up, but I could have been sitting much prettier if I just bought and held.

Not making that mistake again.

Balls deep on coins I'm not going to mention because I don't need biz to pat me on the head
>>
>>2826306
ANS?
>>
>>2826306
Your life would make a good short movie
>>
>>2826326
No.

I'm not interested in the "smart contract" layer. It's just asking for attack vectors. Im in coins i would actually use due to their fundamental nature.
>>
>>2826334
The painful part wasn't casing out at 400, it was getting Zhou Tonged on bitcoinica.

If you weren't around at the time, it was a VERY early btc trading site that allowed up to 10x leverage with ludicrously volatile prices and laggier than polos worst day.

Lost 100 btc due to not being able to close a trade in time. This was also back when btc was under 6usd, so the pain is all in hindsight
>>
>>2826306

Not asking for a full portfolio, but it looks like after your first escapade there you really sat down and thought it out.

What's your favorite coin right now? You're giving me a SC vibe rn.
>>
>>2826471
Fair enough. I like sc, but have no skin in it rn.

My favorite coin at the moment is xmr. To me, it feels the most like btc used to in the "were going to create something we want to see in the world" sense. Btc is still fine to use, but got ruined by internal politics.

There's a few good assets I have my eye on, but currencies are the time tested use case for blockchain tech that we have and xmr is the one I have the most hope for
>>
>>2826411
Holy shit, wow.

Hey I'm crazy newb, can u tell me what's the best way to store my shit? What are the hard lessons to learn?

Thanks
>>
>>2826294
Fuck man, good luck
>>
>>2826802

XMR is great hodl. Thanks anon, good luck out there.
>>
>>2825972
Got in March 2014.

Bought BTC from $200-$600.
Bought ETH at the presale
Got ETC for free

Still holding.

I'm doing good :)
>>
>>2826932
>storage

Any wallet that let's you manipulate/input the private keys or mnemonic phrase yourself. Most wallets put out by their respective project maintainers are about right. Coinomi is solid if you want a multi wallet.

Treat exchanges like giving money to an untrustworthy loan recipient. Trading is fine, but if you aren't actively trading, do NOT store any real part of your stack in there.

>advice

I won't tell you anything specific like what coins to buy, but find coins you yourself want to use and see yourself using. Buy those.

Don't be afraid to hold on to projects you believe in, but you need to take a good hard look at criticisms and not just dismiss them as fud all the time.

Especially now, be hesitant to invest in new projects. The snakes are back in this second altcoin boom and many would empty your wallet in front of your face and not even flinch.

When in doubt, just sit back and observe. Patience is the hardest virtue to practice in this breakneck market, but if you can wait, you can spot the big dips and see how coins going through hardships are dealing with them. If a coins only problem is price and speculation, it will catch on in a big way sometime.
>>
>>2826961

I'm the dumbest trader I know (mostly held) since 2014 and I made bank with this coin, it never disappoints.
>>
>>2826961
I agree, Monero is really great
>>
>>2825972
Well I've made 300000% returns on the one dollar I invested on crypto so it's not that bad.
>>
File: Older_Sokka.png (233KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Older_Sokka.png
233KB, 444x250px
>>2825972
Yes. I know of an oldfag who did who was around since 2011 and at one point had 100 BTC. He kept playing the market, and at many points he succeeded.

What he would do is, when a crash happened, he would sell, then buy back later. This worked multiple times. He made thousands of dollars.

Then one day he projected bitcoin would bottom out at $200 some time in 2014. It didn't. Impatient, he bought back in at $300, losing a ton of money. Then the market crashed again in 2015. He projected $100 bitcoin. Never happened. Sold at literally the very bottom. His $50k investment was less than $10k by the time he was done. He did other stupid investments I assume but those two were the big gambles he told me about. Since then he never touched crypto again until a few months ago.

But yeah, people who aren't patient, who gamble, end up eventually losing. I did the exact opposite and simply waited, much, much longer. But yes, I luckily ended up selling my initial investment so I sit comfortably watching the gains.
>>
File: 1499608193504.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499608193504.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>2825972
>Are there any crypto oldfags here (from 2014 and earlier)
oh yeah
>that are STILL struggling to make money with crypto?
lmao. only the poor ones.
>>
Yes I sold ebooks and Zeus virus on BMR in 2011 and 2012, was gambling away .2 bitcoins at a time when they were worth 11 or 12. I was 14 at the time, never saw btc for what it was worth, I can show you my coinbase account when I was cashing out .5 btc every other day at a time for like $150
>>
>>2830024
Or maybe just young and smart but stupid at the time, I never saw that shit coming
>>
File: 1471324685027.jpg (9KB, 291x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471324685027.jpg
9KB, 291x291px
>>2825972
>Are there any crypto oldfags here (from 2014 and earlier) that are STILL struggling to make money with crypto?
yes
>>
>>2830049
don't get me wrong, I lost what I thought was a lot of money holding alts until the bitter end in 2014 and 2015 (on vertcoin - oh yeah I bought back in before the recent rise), but by 2016 I stopped being a retard and started only buying coins that had a future.
>>
>>2830064
I stopped paying attention to bitcoin or anything of that matter to smoke weed and have friends up until this year when I saw what happened to bitcoin and ethereum. I remember when ethereum was just a concept with a fancy website layout and then boom $250, I've missed all the boats and feel like shit
>>
>>2825972
I mined doge with my shit pc for a few days right when it started.

Sold them at 130 satoshis got like 5k traded my way up to 6k.

Dont trade when you dont know how mining works, you need to be able to know some calczlation to know where the price should be ( now its around 1800 next month around 1850-1900).
>>
test
>>
>>2830100
Fuck off redditard
>>
>>2830084
try not to beat yourself up over it. I'm holding about 250 eth, which has fluctuated from 100k to 50k repeatedly for the past month. it's stressful as fuck and I don't want to sell because I know (maybe..or maybe not) this is only the beginning. the fact of the matter is big, money making investments like this one can turn into smoke while you get up from the computer for a few minutes to take a piss. it's not an easy life, there isn't lambos and women, just stress.
>>
>>2830102
>He's never been banned
No u
>>
>>2825972
Yes.

I first got in around 2011. After buying a couple of coins for $40aud I decided the whole this was a scam only used to buy drugs and deleted my wallet.

Tried to get back in 2013, mtGox collapsed as soon as I put some money on my account (again, only a small amount)

Bought in against last year after keeping an eye on Ethereum and finding an Australian site that was trading it so at least I'd be covered by Australian consumer protection law. The DAO hack occurred almost immediately after I dove in. I declared the whole thing a scam and set my sell orders to $40 AUD for ETH.

Have made a tidy 70% gain I though fuckit I'll cash out. And then the ETH moon mission began.

Although I never lost money, aside from the ~$50 or so initially that my gains since have covered, it hurts knowing that my gains could've been tens of thousands of dollars. It's my fault for only investigating after media attention like a normie.

Right now I have about $6000 worth invested in a range of coins. Mostly ETH, BTC and LTC. But some other shitcoins too.
>>
>>2825972
reporting, no struggle this year
>>
I've been in it since 2010, since I was a juinor in highschool. Haven't made a cent I didn't have to spend. I'm retarded. Don't end up like me.
>>
Is there anywhere off 4chin that crypto oldfags hang>?
>>
>>2825972
hahahahah (kill me)
>>
>>2830206
you really want to know? somewhere where people discuss cryptos for the most part civilly and don't only scream about what shitcoin they can buy for under a penny. and I'm not talking about the land of broken english and retardation (bitcointalk).
>>
>>2825972
Inspired by Ron Pauls first run for president I began to read about economy and central banks and shit. From that point it's not far till Max Keisers show and first hints to bitcoin. Read the whitepaper in late 2009 early 2010, cant remember correctly. Beeing a fuckwit know it all and not understanding it correctly, I decided for myself, that gold and silver is the way to go. That bitcoin can be eradicated by the government anytime. Not that it was not possible or may even happen to this day, but diversification might have made me a multimillionaire.
A pokerbuddy of mine asked in May of 2010, in which asset he should invest his 20k he had on hand. I told him he might do bitcoin, seems interesting, but he could lose everything in a heartbeat. On my recommandation he decided to buy gold. Still hodling. Probably wanted to kill himself a couple times, whenever I told him about bitcoin again.
>>
>>2825972
Yeah, sort of.

>posts dating from early 2011 on bitcointalk
>tipped users 1 bitcoin for making pro-bitcoin comics
>ran a middle man site where i purchased stuff on amazon for users for bitcoin
>even back then no one really wanted to spend
>setup a microtask site where people could pay ppl to work for bitcoin
>not enough traction back then for either project though had maybe ~$50/mo moving through both projects together
>too busy with work to keep at it

>2013 comes around
>spend remaining 2 bitcoins on developing crypto site
>crash in early 2014 dried up all business so i had to shut it down ~6 months later but turned the 2btc to $8k usd in profit

>back in crypto circa 2017
>setup a couple sites, watching a little money come in

I keep coming back but I'm not sure if I'll ever hit the big times. At it one more time as I lost my job earlier this year and am spending all day on my current crypto projects. Ill keep at it until the end of the year.
>>
>>2830206
Im working to make a place for that give me some time
>>
>>2830235
No need, friend! Join us over on reddit! We have great discussions going daily with a very interactive and supportive community.
Feel free to drop by /r/antshares any time.
>>
>>2830225
Yes, I have my own IRL circle but I crave more. I know you will not give out the link here but give me a clue that involves work to find it.
>>
I am from 2011 and I made some money by holding

everytime I trade I fuck it up too much
>>
>>2830253
>reddit
>>
Old fags, do we think there will ever be another moon mission again? Will Bitcoin ever get 500% gains over the course of 3 months again? Will I have to wait another 3 years?
>>
>>2827212
>Not just buying as much as you can in a newly developing market spreaded out over good projects.

Syay poor
>>
>>2830629
As an oldfag i think it will slowly drop to 2k then rise again slowly and starting next year madness will kick in (moon)
>>
>>2830717
after the HF shit in nov? Everyones saying moon after segwit.. BTC is a contrarian
>>
>>2825972
My friend that got me into mining back in 2011 threw away his laptop with 150 btc in it. poor guy... I found out he missed the boat for eth too when I talked to him recently in april.
>>
>>2826346
Based beaner
>>
>>2830778
I would kill myself for real no joke. That's 450k at 3000
>>
I bought 10 btc for about 100 dollars around 2011; didn't touch them until last year - bought some eth at around 14 dollars and then shifted all my btc to eth around jan. I also played around daytrading a little bit, I made about 1.5 btc with POSW for example, lol. Now I'm holding mostly eth, strat, aeternity, ans, xmr and have a pretty big (for me) waves position. oh I also have some mobile go, some taas, some iexec... I think that's it
>>
File: alkk.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
alkk.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>2831450
I actually invested a bit more into the market since december of last year, but needless to say I'm still way way up - not retirement money just yet though, hopefully soon :)
>>
>>2831462
ahah and some ioc and i also fell for the musicoin meme...
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.