[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't block size just scale with the mempool? Increasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Why doesn't block size just scale with the mempool? Increasing blocksize to some arbitrary number is just going to lead to more hardforks in the future.

In a worst-case scenario, bitcoin Tx numbers goes down and we will end up with block sizes that are way too big, leading to free or near-free Tx and thus no incentive for miners to mine (once the rewards are gone).
>>
>>2823778
then you are a bitcoin unlimited supporter

however, keep in mind the mempool being full the last few months was apparently a scam

mempool has been empty since segwit2x signalling was locked in.
>>
>thinks this issue is way simpler than it is, because he has no software experience whatsoever
>>
Good luck writing the mutating mining code nigger :)
>>
>>2823778
Cause smaller blocks means you have to compete with other transaction senders for space in the next block, so there will be higher fees for the miners.

The whole reason why segwit has issues is because the miners liked the fees... and then they got to $5 each
>>
>>2823794
>>2823795
Look up bitcoin unlimited you fucking morons
>>
>>2823802
You mean the code that wouldn't stop crashing when they tried it months ago? Lmao
>>
>>2823794

he...was right though? it is that simple. BU is unlimited block size increase to scale with demand. It will 100% work. It is on chain scaling.

Segwit comes with other benefits like the lightning network though.

It's not a software experience issue here, it's a question of whether or not increasing blocksize is ENOUGH to scale.
>>
>>2823817
I thought segwit was only a modification of how transactions are hashed and could independently be implemented alongside bitcoin unlimited? If not, is there even a need for segwit at all; since larger blocks allow for more transactions anyway? Even more radically, isn't it better as a store of value if there are higher transaction fees, since now bitcoin would not only be deflationary but also have a lower monetary velocity? To that effect, the shitcoins like litecoin could be used as a de facto lightning network on a backbone network collateralized by bitcoin?
>>
File: 1500427893002.png (138KB, 236x390px) Image search: [Google]
1500427893002.png
138KB, 236x390px
>>2823778
>>2823795

thats what Monero does and it works: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6mfysl/moneros_dynamic_blocksize_algorithm_is_working/
>>
>>2823851
Shhh. We don't talk about shit that actually had a use on /biz/
>>
>>2823936
hurrr reverse shilling, so effective. enjoy your fluffy pony faggot coin.
>>
File: 1500424726583.jpg (70KB, 785x767px) Image search: [Google]
1500424726583.jpg
70KB, 785x767px
>>2824102

he will.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.