[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lottery investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: powerball.jpg (291KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
powerball.jpg
291KB, 704x396px
Lottery company is currently doing private offers for investment and I've been asked if I want to drop $2500 to receive 1 lottery ticket per day as dividend (this costs them very little to do obviously)

With 1 free ticket per day and a daily draw at noon, with a jackpot of $200,000 p/w and usual odds (1:50 million), is this worthwhile?
>>
>>2821221
>is this worthwhile?
you think they would do it if it were?
>>
>>2821264
$2,500 from every employee is a big boost for the marketing budget, this is a small company.
The dividend they pay means virtually nothing to them. Out of the 8,000 something tickets bought per day, they only have to give out about 50 for free. This isn't a matter of if I think they're ripping me off or not, because it's win/win for both parties. It's a matter of whether free daily lottery tickets for the rest of my life is better than buying another btc or a bunch of eth.
>>
Drop 2500 for something that has an expected value of 0.4 cents? It will take you just 1700 years to make that money back, go for it.
>>
>>2821295
How did you calculate this? It's the sort of reply I was looking for. I've never found lottery tickets worth buying, but was wondering if it's a different story when they're free. $2500 is not a significant sum of cash to me right now, but it does dent my investment budget and could be better used elsewhere.
>>
Note that they do allow direct debits fornightly instead of tickets, in which case the breakeven is after 5 years, not 1700. Is this on par for a small business entering round 2 of funding or underperforming?
>>
>>2821304
You have 1 in 50000000 chance to make 200000 dollars, just divide 200000 by 50000000. A ticket thus yields 0.004 dollars.
>>
>>2821323
Yea that's not how this works.
>>
>>2821323
Alright, makes sense. I might put it into bitcoin instead, the value would only have to double over 5 years to outperform the lottery offer. Thanks.
>>
>>2821330
Yes it does.
>>
Lotteries are illegal other than state lotteries etc (uk fag) but looked into running a lottery myself and it's illegal unless for charitable causes
>>
>>2821323
You mean... 1/50000000 * 200000 = worth of the ticket you fucktard.
>>
>>2821387
They're legal in lots of places, but not as profitable as many people think.

>>2821388
You just wrote the same thing, re-arranged. I think the person in purple was trying to say it doesn't account for growth because 200k p/w is pitiful.
>>
>>2821387
That is because lotteries are literally a scam to make people poor.
>>
>>2821429
Op didn't specify if the company is profitable at all (let's get real, it probably isn't). His original 2500 will be gone.
>>
(1-0.000002%)^(365*50) = 99.9635%

This is the chance of not(!) winning once in 50 years.
Dont do it.
>>
holy shit! 4 tenths of a penny a day! OP jump on it RIGHT NOW

>>2821388
someone dropped out of middle school
>>
>>2821516
They're not. They turn about $20,000 per week in profit despite operating revenue of over $750k in our worst month in the past year. They desperately need cash for growth and marketing, even $100k from employee private offers makes an enormous difference. I was offered the lowest investment package, for reference

>>2821549
Holy fuck.
Okay yeah good point.
>>
>>2821511
Lottery is like a tax on the stoopid, some asshole even wrote a poem about it once.
>>2821516
Factor in his $2,500 investment in the lottery will lose 3% a year, it's a gay deal for stupid people.
>>2821516
This too, it's a bit of a risk, the lottery company may fart out into a cloud of gas, goodbye your $2,500 investment.
>>2821549
if he invested that money at say a conservative 6.5% return on average for 50yrs, because 50yrs is a long time and you should be able to get 6.5%, he'd end up with $46,050.39. Better yet, throw it in bitcoin, it could turn into $250,000 in 3yrs.
>>
>>2821591
Bitcoin was the alternative, after seeing some of the responses, the lottery option seemed pretty insane. Thanks.
>>
File: niggerprince.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
niggerprince.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
absolutely do it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.