[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /biz/ think about solar panels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0856.jpg (231KB, 1152x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.jpg
231KB, 1152x770px
First off: I don't give a shit about the environment. I want more money in my pocket.

A solar company said that they can put on solar, reroof, upgrade panel, and reword my house for $45K and they will bill it in a way that I can get a 30% Federal tax credit.
>>
BUY BITCOIN

sage
>>
>>2819266
If you don't care about the environment you deserve to be poor.
>>
>>2819266
tesla solar roofs are cheaper. wait until you have to replace your roof and use their shit. an invest in them in the meantime to help pay for it.
>>
>>2819272

What have you done for the environment?
>>
>>2819266
Solar makes sense if you're trying to get off the grid entirely, or if you experience regular outages and you intend to invest in large batteries. Otherwise the ROI is shit and you'll be stuck with a roof covered in outdated technology as newer panels are always going to be cheaper, more attractive and more efficient.
>>
>>2819266
that ugly shit is gonna devalue your house bigly m8
>>
File: disruptive-solar.png (31KB, 970x505px) Image search: [Google]
disruptive-solar.png
31KB, 970x505px
>>2819294
this is what people said about computers for the longest time though too, at a certain point you just have to nut up and do it
>>
>>2819266

fuck that gay shit. bring back smokestacks
>>
>>2819326
OP is better off buying computers and mining shitcoins than he would be buying solar panels and mining photons.
>>
>>2819379
you could do both for a perpetual money machine
>>
>>2819272
Only faggots care about the environment. Or think that what they do has a fraction of a fuck of an effect on it.
>>
File: kwh.png (57KB, 894x192px) Image search: [Google]
kwh.png
57KB, 894x192px
>>2819281
This isn't true.

I did solar panels on a rental. What size system are they looking to install? That sounds like a fuckload of money.

The 30 percent federal credit you get no matter what. You could install it yourself and get it.

Here's the cost per kWh I'm paying on production from a solar city loan at 4.5 percent over thirty years. It's almost a full offset, but I'm paying an extra 3 cents or so per kWh.

I'm doing solar on another rental soon
>>
>>2819406
Dumb drumpf supporter
>>
>>2819588
I'm not even American. I can tell from your keen debating skills that you live in your mom's basement you retarded faggot.
>>
File: 20170624_154750.jpg (739KB, 1438x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_154750.jpg
739KB, 1438x1836px
good, fuck the environment
>fuck the 30% credit
>lucky to be alive
>>
File: pollution.jpg (17KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
pollution.jpg
17KB, 550x300px
WE NEED MOAR POLLUTION!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.