[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethereum why.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1735.jpg (54KB, 1228x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1735.jpg
54KB, 1228x245px
Drinking beer and trying to figure out how Ethereum/smart contracts would benefit the market as a whole, instead of just preexisting businesses.

Mostly it seems like a good way to do internal bookkeeping, and that would only benefit companies that are large enough to take advantage of economies of scale.

Real question: why would I invest in Ethereum instead of companies that are going to use the technology behind Ethereum to minimize their overhead?
>>
if those companies succeed so does eth numbnuts
>>
I don't know. If only someone had laid out what uses such a thing would have...

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/White-Paper#applications

If only...
>>
Companies will spend Ethereum to run their programs,
Ethereum has a max calculable value, you'll never figure it out though
>brainlet
>>
>>2818419
if they're all using their own closed off proprietary versions, how's that good for the public chain?
>>
>>2818431
they will eventually join the main network when they realize it will be far cheaper to maintain
t. Capitalism
>>
>>2818478
how are you sure of that?
>>
ethereum is too volatile to be a currency or to serve as manure for contracts

ironically a central bank can help keep a currency stable
>>
>>2818511
Vitalik has clearly stated that he will control the inflation personally
Ethereum isn't bitcoin
>>
>>2818395
Ethereum-> world computer.
You can write smart contracts into the block chain.
A smart contract is code that stays in the blockchain and can be accessed at a later date to perform functions.
Check out bat, golem, augur for ideas of other tokens that build on ethereum, or it could be something native to ethereum such as an escrow.

Ethereum needs to figure out how to stop all the computers processing all the code each block as they are bogging down. Solutions include sharding.
>>
>>2818675
the only real solution to ethereum is IOTA.
>>
>>2818511
Depends which contracts you're talking about.
It falls short of the decentralized world computer it claims to be, but there's many applications for simple contracts with limited computations. Current gas costs even x100 would be fine for a real estate application, for example.
>>
>>2818775
gas costs for IOTA are zero.
>>
>>2818552
An external entity controlling the price of Ether seems like it wouldn't bode well for internal bookkeeping. So they'd make an internal altcoin that's pretty much just Ethereum with a skin?

Like, use their version of Ethereum internally, but keep using USD for external transactions.
>>
>>2818675
Not trying to be argumentative, but again wouldn't that more benefit the companies that are taking advantage of the technology, rather than the technology itself? That technology in this case being smart contracts.
>>
>>2818884
stop being argumentative and tell me more about IOTA.
>>
I'm wondering if I could use smart contracts to distribute donations to people who help me out with my little side project.

I'd like to collect donations for a month, and then at the end of the month, distribute donations equally between a set of addresses that I can set.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.