[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of crypto when the petrodollar dies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1482383425942.jpg (327KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1482383425942.jpg
327KB, 1066x1600px
So with russia+china's gold backed currency happening, and the very real possibility petrol currency could end up taking a dirt nap, how will it effect crypto?

This isn't a discussion about if/how/when the petrodollar is going to die, it's a discussion about how crypto will be affected by the death of petrodollars.
>>
File: images.jpg (19KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19KB, 300x168px
>>2808970
It will be kill
>>
File: 1498914003632.png (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498914003632.png
16KB, 200x300px
>>2809653
>>
>tfw no Turkish feminine bf
>>
File: 1499736206389.png (270KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499736206389.png
270KB, 960x960px
>>2808970
I'm just some retard, but I figure that once the petrodollar crashes and countries figure out that we've just been printing money to 'dodge' the financial decline that is inevitable, cryptos price with respect to USD will be insane. Whereas we're at ~2200/BTC, I think that we'll see a hyper inflation with USD in respect to BTC. That being said, I think that the rest of the world market will reflect appropriately to BTC, but america is fucked fiscally. I'm excited to be hodling given this fiscal climate.
>>
>>2809701
What you say makes sense to me, and I am of a similar opinion.
>>
>>2809701
If enough normies flee to crypto should the dollar die then we would need an alternative to BTC because it becomes impractical for your average normie use. Maybe they'll fix it but other coins are already better in terms of tech.
>>
>>2809803
>>2809701
You guys only know the half of it. What do you think backs most major currencies? Hint: it's green
>>
>>2809826
Hillary Clinton's blood?

But in all seriousness, Almost all currency is petrol currency by proxy.
>>
>>2809825
We'll see how it fares after august 1
in any case btc to other coins is very easy, especially with wallets like exodus with shapeshift included and a very graphical ui
>>
File: notsure.png (52KB, 861x800px) Image search: [Google]
notsure.png
52KB, 861x800px
>>2809825
I think there are plenty of manifestations of coins such that BTC is gold, and alt coins are easily accessible and use able and backed by BTC. Just like when you invest in alt coins, you are not looking at what it's worth in USD, but rather how many sats it's worth, right? I feel this trend will continue and allow for a vibrant free market of coins and a variety of uses. I could also be a retard. :3

>>2809826
I see what you are alluding to, in that if the USD crashes, we'll see a world level crash but. What if other countries started investing in one another rather than the US? The russia/china gold trade has only started, and other countries are soon to become wise of the market crash that is soon to be in the US. That being said, other countries will face difficulties like canada's housing market, mass immigration in the EU, etc etc. I don't think that the US, when it does crash, will be in the same situation as it has been in the past: the top. We're slowly declining and by the time we bottom out I can only hope that other countries have wisened up and gotten out of our failing fiat currency.
>>
So if BTC skyrockets because no one wants dollars anymore, what happens to alt coins? They will rise in value too correct? Would it be better to buy BTC/LTC now or alt coins for holding?
>>
You really think the government is going let crypto supplant USD without doing anything?
>>
>>2809826
Weed?
>>
>>2811149
This.
They would rather start WW3 than lose their grip on the money supply.
>>
>>2811108
they will rise simply because theyre roced in satoshis
if btc rises, a satoshi is therefore worth more in FIAT, and by extensions your alts are too
this is why when BTC crashes it brings everything down with it
>>
>>2809896
I don't think you're a retard anon :3
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.