[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1482203199522.jpg (84KB, 436x578px) Image search: [Google]
1482203199522.jpg
84KB, 436x578px
I'm 18 years old and in a year I'm heading to University which is free in my country but most students take loans anyways for costs of living.

My parents are willing to lend me $300 000 and so I am thinking of buying an apartment complex and become a landlord.

In my city with a population of 35k, an apartment complex for that price has an return around 8 percent after "maintance". That would give me a monthly salary of $2000 or $1400 after tax.

That is enough for me to live in a shared student dorm and pay my parents back around 5-700 per month.

I will also be working between school terms/after I graduate to pay them back even faster.

Is there something I'm missing or this a good plan? If it is can I expand later on by buying more properties while working full time(hoping to get into medical school)?

Excuse my English guys.
>>
Fuck off you third world fuck.
buy some kneepads, you'll need em.
>>
>>2807314
Buy ETH and BTC instead, you fucking retard. Once in a lifetime opportunity.
>>
>>2807344
I live in Sweden big boy
>>
>>2807403
>third world fuck
>Swede
I see no discrepacy
>>
>>2807314
Real reply here:
Apartments are good but its the shitty tenants that really screw you. Plan to only get 80% of the rent you are charging due to people trying to not pay you.
>>
>>2807403
Ok excuse my ignorance anon. But seriously, forego the apartment and buy as much LTC/ETH/XMR as you can and be waking up to sloppy blowjobs from slovakian hookers in 5 years.
If you buy real estate right now get ready for it to go under and you have to sell at a loss and you will sucking off the muslims who are fucking your swedish women just to buy breakfast.
>>
>>2807436
Kek
>>
>>2807437
But aren't there laws preventing this?

In Sweden at least it's extremely common to have rent-contracts that predetermine for how long someone can legally rent an apparent (both min and Max amount of months) and also the price of the rent each month.

Excuse my ignorance
>>
>>2807375
Why have they gone down in value for the past month?

I'm seriously asking.
>>
>>2807541
Because they are up 1600% this year. zoom out of the graph. KEK
>>
>>2807553
You are enticing me but why has the Bitcoin increased in value and why do you think it will keep increasing?
>>
If you arent a dumb nigger you should understand this..... It is the leading DECENTRALIZED CURRENCY. people do not have to have the federal reserve cum in their mouth or have the banks anally rape them with inflationary fiat currency. This is the new paradigm.

http://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-granted-setlcoin-cryptocurrency-patent/
>>
>>2807602
Let's hear an answer
>>
>>2807314
You seem to have made the plan, go for it. It will be incredible experience. Other than bad tenants, you should also study Swedish law carefully and look at past lawsuits related to renting, in case there are laws that are incredibly generous to the tenant and make conducting business difficult. For example, in the past here in the UK, tenants could not be evicted for some reason I don't remember, and that destroyed the renting industry, and also in the UK there are proposals to control rent increases in areas with growing demand, but that probably won't apply in a small town.

Have you looked at AirBnB as an option as well?

>>2807541
Don't buy crypto-currencies unless you are confident in them. Especially not with such a large sum of money. ETH and BTC is going down because after the ethereum alliance formed (banks decided to start working on their own derivative of ethereum), people got hyped about the potential of eth to be a paradigm technology (as it can build the way to smart contracts, which is what the banks are working on), and massive overspeculation happened. When ETH is corrected to a much lower price, then its worth making a long term investment into it and waiting until the banks finish their project.
>>
>>2807314

ps i'm not in sweden, but as a landlord i can tell you its likely your 8% yield is not correct, or on gross terms.

Costs for a landlord:-

- management agents probably around 10% of gross as their fee, unless you're going to collect rent yourself but this can go south if you have shitty tenants

- building management service fees

- landlords insurance

- ground rent (its possible sweden is floating -

- freehold and this doesnt apply)

- tax on income (problem is once you have a job you'll start to get pushed into the higher tax bracket sooner)

- furniture wear & tear and household maintenance (usually about 5-10% of gross rental income)

- communal repairs fund fee (for renovations of communal areas every 5 years or so)

In some tax jurisdictions you can deduct the interest costs of the mortgage from the gross rental income before income tax... which makes it attractive to have 70% Loan-to-value ratio mortgages.
>>
>>2807453
Why is everyone on /biz/ obsessed with crypto currencies and why do you think they will shoot up in value
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.