[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlording

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 2018_22761_fi2.jpg (28KB, 530x480px) Image search: [Google]
2018_22761_fi2.jpg
28KB, 530x480px
Buying a house:
There's 10 houses in my area for between 15 and 25k. Each of them is 2 or 3 bedroom, 1 to 2 bathrooms, and of varying lot sizes. I'm trying to shy away from 2 story houses because 1 story roofs are easier to deal with myself, among other reasons. The rent in my area ranges from $500 to $650 for 2+ bedroom rentals. Property taxes and insurance in my area hover around 2k per year combined.

I'm saving 1k a month currently and already have 30k in the bank (401k is another thing entirely). My goal is to have 5 houses renting within 15 years. These houses generally have good roofing, foundations, plumbing, and electrical, although I do also have experience in 3 of these areas and feel confident about my ability to follow code.

Anyone else a landlord? I plan to keep these houses for an extended period of time; any tips on renovations that I'll be glad I did 15 years ago, whether I realize it or not?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>2793597

any area where houses are that cheap now will likely be a ghost town in 15 years bro
>>
>2-3 bedroom
>25k

What the fuck lives there?
>>
>>2793867
this

it'll be a ghost town or some crazy hills have eyes people will start moving in
>>
>>2793597
What area?
>>
>>2793867
To the contrary, the population is only 6k in the town, but it's held as the state's population trended downward and is now believed to be rising. The area just brought in a new factory with 100 jobs and the city council is active in ensuring the area remains nice and ripe with opportunities.

>>2793879
Welcome to places that aren't in the top 50 population centers in America. It's about 15 minutes from a 50k population city. Move-in ready houses cost 60-90k, unless you're looking for something special. Nobody wants to deal with these houses, but I don't care if someone died in them; a deal is a deal.
>>
>>2793891
If you know where to look, you can find property that is ungodly cheap. I see homes within 15 minutes of hollywood for under 50k. The insides look trashed, but damn... I might end up selling a rental and start up in california in 10-15 years.

>>2793900
Northern Midwest. Winters aren't as harsh as the Northeast.

>>2793879
Nobody anymore, not in most of them. If you mean the town, that's pretty common. You'll pay a lot to live in the city, a chunk to live in the suburbs of a big city, and considerably less to live outside of suburbs.
>>
>>2793597
That sounds like a solid plan, anon. Keep it going!
>>
>>2793597
dont rent to section 8
>>
>>2794179
Thanks for the support.

>>2794197
I don't intend to. Extra red tape for a small increase in rent paid and a moderate increase in undesirables.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.