[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stock artwork?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: art.jpg (166KB, 561x700px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
166KB, 561x700px
I became crippled this year; Can I ask for advice about my plan to work from bed? I want to sell stock illustration and software tools like brushes, but I'm really bad at business and selling myself.

Background- I wasn't able to get a full time art job and failed at selling prints and using freelance sites. However, I once made a free app that did well solely based on the art. I was 2/3's done making an app for sale when I was hit by illness. I wouldn't mention the illness except that it affects what I can do. I can't sit up, and my cognitive abilities have decreased too much to complete the app. I don't have the funds to hire someone else and tbqh don't think a replacement would be possible. I could draw stock images while lying down. I want to pay for my own treatment and stop being a parasite to my family.

How do I choose what to sell? Most importantly-
How do people find me in the first place?

>inb4 you're in a crappy field
I'm open to other ideas. But I think I could do something with this skill if I knew how to sell it.

Thank you anons.
>>
thats shiity anon. you'll want to get some sort of advertising going. Look at getting ads in google, fb, etc. Best bet: try and get a domain and website to showcase your work and then advertise it. If dont want to pay for that, then try posting your work in craigslist or other apps that allow you to sell for free.
>>
>>2792057
I'll look into advertising. I have a domain and website but don't know how to drive people to it. I haven't seen digital goods sold on Craigslist, but I haven't looked recently and will look again.
>>
>>2792183
Facebook advertising? Perhaps crowdfunding?
>>
Bands are always looking for people who design their album covers. Maybe something that could interest you?
>>
>>2792356
I looked up facebook advertising. I can't find anything about artists using it, but I can figure it out. I think I'd need to be more reliable (no delays due to illness) for crowdfunding.

>>2792398
That's an idea. Thanks.
>>
>>2791578
You could always try your hand at ecommerce and slap some of these designs onto products. (Wall art, shirts, shower curtains, etc) Look into Printful or Printify and use shopify. They print on demand so theres no need for overhead.

Good luck anon
>>
Are you a girl that's not fat and ugly? If so, just camwhore, it's quite the lucrative business.
>>
Look for sites for stock photos and illustrations where legit people can pay you to license them.

Try contacting writers groups/forums and partnering with people who want to make children's books.
>>
>>2794202
THIS. Try designing cool phone cases and advertise to Instagram meme pages especially if they have the "aesthetic" feel. Easy market
>>
>>2791578
do you have an email address for contact?
>>
>>2794202
I didn't know about Printful or Printify. Appreciated. And thanks for the luck.

>>2794236
I've been on some of those sites but couldn't make sales. I think it's because no one saw my stuff in the huge sea of choices. I have books already made but again no audience to buy them.

>>2794278
Adding to my list of things to do (among the other suggestions here). Thank you

>>2794633
emailofturtle@gmail
>>
>>2791578
You should try to throw some sticker packs up on various platforms that allow that kind of thing.
Those little pictures that kids can put in their chats. This is a growing market and fairly easy to self-publish. Look it up
>>
>>2795231
I've actually done this once before! I ended up having the sticker pack stolen and resold by the site I uploaded to. I should try again with a different one.
>>
Anon, glad more responded and you got some ideas. Wish you the best on your ventures =)
>>
Anon is the op pic your work?
If so it is very good.
If not please post your work.
T. Working artist
>>
>>2795793
Yeah, I'm really grateful! I saved it all. Thanks!

>>2795832
It's not my work. I'd post it but don't want employers to know I'm crippled on the off chance I ever get better (albeit that's unlikely. It's for life...). I may be open about it one day if I think it won't be (nonexistent) career-destroying.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.