[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you really make money on stocks based only on the chart?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
This site stockchartguru.com says you can. I thought it doesn't work and only value investing works? I heard that's how Warren Buffet made so much money. I'm so confused because sometimes I feel like I can tell when a stock is going to go up but I don't want to lose money if it doesn't work long term.
>>
>>2790488
>I heard that's how Warren Buffet made so much money.
you are a lying phony
>>
>>2790488
>Only value investing works

Have you not heard of FANG stocks? Tesla? NVIDIA? AMD?
>>
>>2790488
I only invest long. Not about to live a life of paranoia every day if I should get in or out. Just buy an undervalued stock, let it slowly rise over the next year or two and get out.
>>
Buy green sell red
>>
>>2790488
whos that bitch?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (25KB, 450x286px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
25KB, 450x286px
I've seen some people on youtube live filming themselves doing technical trading based on support and resistance lines. Warrior trading comes to mind. But he just had like an 8K down day even though he is way up for the year.
>>
>>2790488
always trust the meme triangles
>>
>>2790488
Finance fag here. Basically every study done about the topic says that technical analysis underperforms value investing long term, on average. Your best bet is to put money in an index fund and hold long term. Index funds are outperforming hedge funds long term
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 500x371px
I like the idea of value investing and I'm checking out Karthman's exhorbitantly priced book on the subject. But aren't you concerned that 'long term' success depends on which year you choose to begin measuring from?
>>
>>2790554
Travellight
>>
File: 1499447821448.jpg (50KB, 526x395px) Image search: [Google]
1499447821448.jpg
50KB, 526x395px
>>2790488
>I heard that's how Warren Buffet made so much money
Warren Buffett made money in almost exactly the opposite way. By analyzing the companies themselves and only buying the undervalued ones. At the time, lots of stocks traded for less than the companies asset value ("worth more dead than alive")
Obviously such rich feeding ground have long since been stripped to the bones.

Lots of people believe in analyzing graphs and discovering patterns as if the chart was somehow alive. That alone means it's not an entirely worthless endeavor, because it allows you to know what others are thinking - and a lot of the short term speculative market is just opinions of hysterical wimps.
>>
>>2790488
>>puts money in the stock market
>>expects to make money
weuw lad
>>
Both fundamental and technical analysis should be used, but if you truly want to invest, look at the company itself and understand how it does what it does. Not enough people do that these days, too busy looking at numbers. It's much harder to do this.

TA is useful as it plays on following the crowd (FA also does this to an extent, funds rush to price in new information all the time), and it's important to pay attention to anything that could impact price.

The key to everything though is to always hedge your bets, have a stop loss in place or take a net position. Add to winners, don't add to losers. Reduce from winners (bollinger bands can help with identifying when to this from a TA perspective).

Everything in investing/trading is a meme, don't ever forget that. Follow the crowd, or beat the crowd. Always manage risk by taking profit from winners, slowly. And hedge against loses. Slow and steady, don't try to bet big on a single trade, you will lose big by doing that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.