[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IOTA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ZTHQ9891.png (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ZTHQ9891.png
18KB, 512x512px
Let's have a reasonable debate.

IOTA has no transaction fees, no mining and both the circulating supply and the max supply are locked, so there are no rewards to the "nodes" inside the tangle. So tell me, how can this be decentralized when there are no rewards for the "nodes". It's like maintaining a device connected to be a part of the tangle for free.
>>
i dont know, i just want profits
>>
shitcoin

/thread
>>
Interesting, Im going to post this on reddit!
>>
File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>2789217

This is a blockchain killer

Hodl
>>
>>2789245
You didn't answer the main question.
>>
>>2789217
When you send one transaction, you also confirm two others. This is decentralized in the sense that transaction confirmations will largely stay at an individual level as opposed to consolidation to large mining pools in specific countries (countries with cold climates or cheap electricity, to miners who own specialized and expensive hardware).
>>
tonight i had a dream with iota....think im gonna buy.
also 2 month ago i dreamt a screenshot of coinmarketcap at the end of the year and i remember there were 3 bitcoins and the total mcap for crypto was 330b....
>>
>>2789273
But for send a transaction and confirm two others, don't you need the whole tangle in your hard drive?
>>
>>2789273
Also, will this result in the individual user that doesn't want the tangle in his hard drive, to pay someone for send the transaction for him?
>>
no fuck off shilling your shitcoin

https://medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
>>
>>2789217
Without incentives to do work to keep their ""tech"" alive, iota is doomed from start. You can't get something in exchange for nothing, it's stupid,
>>
>>2789287
When I gave it a try. It didn't need the full tangle. I used it with a light wallet and I don't have the entire tangle on my laptop.
>>
>>2789328
Exactly, it's what i was thinking.
>>2789330
You didn't need it because you were relying on the other "nodes". But these "nodes", as I understand, are working for free.
>>
>>2789334
I have a very old laptop. When I did stuff such as sending and adding new addresses, I noticed a CPU usage spike. I'm assuming that's the POW being done.
>>
>>2789321
That article is blatant FUD. Not only is the title a non-sequitur, but the author admits he has no idea how IOTA works because he hasn't read through the documentation.
>>
>>2789321
Everyone can clearly see the entire comments section calling the author out. If you want to criticize IOTA, how about you do it in your own words?
>>
>>2789352
Probably you were encrypting your transaction.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.