[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's gonna bail out Bancor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Who's gonna bail out Bancor?
>>
>>2786762
Ok wait. The Bancor price floor has actually gone UP in the past few hours. That means more ETH has actually been added to it. How the hell is that possible?
>>
Eth will be hardforked again
>>
>>2786762
Eth will probably be forked again... get rdy for Eth classic classic.
>>
What happened?
>>
>>2786776
They had 150 million usd, remember? I seems that they put around 10 million in the reserve fund, so they might still have some spare change to bail themselves out.
>>
>>2786803
Bancor started to be traded under their floor price so they are using their ether reserves to keep their currency afloat. No one knows what will happen once they run out of ether, so I assume that they'll have to find someone to bail them out.
>>
>>2786805
The ETH floor went from like 156k ETH yesterday to 91k ETH earlier today but now went just slightly up again.

Maybe I'm just imagining that.
>>
>>2786762
quick somebody call Obama
>>
>>2786813
>>2786813
Consider that a "whale" might even be willing to lose 0.01% profit or whatever it is if it means destroying the ETH wall by buying BNT for like 0.01001 ETH each and selling for 0.01 ETH into the price wall.

The whale might do that enough so that the price wall dies, Bancor plummets as people panic the fuck out, and then the whale can buy it all back up for cheap and wait for the correction/Bancor to bail themselves out.

They he sells all his cheap Bancor back into the "new" price wall for a profit again and repeats.

This really concerns me.
>>
>>2786848

You don't understand how price walls work. Neck yourself.
>>
buying bnt through the site adds the eth used to the floor
>>
>>2786866
the price wall went from 156k to 91k ETH in the past day. Once it goes to 0, Bancor holders will panic and sell crashing the price down close to 0 so a whale can buy it all back up.
>>
>>2786877
this, you guys are all fucking retarded
>>
>>2786848
Hmmm I just realized that maybe Bancor could destroy those tokens that are sold back to them by the floor price. That would be a way to reduce the supply of currency and raise it's price...
>>
File: 1485707841409.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1485707841409.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
>>2786877
We're taking about people who SELL Bancor through the website.

They buy it from bittrex for 0.009 eth and sell it to the website for 0.01 eth.
>>
>>2786791
>>2786795
>we literally don't know what we're talking about nor do we realize how stupid we appear to others
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.