[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: images (8).jpg (28KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
28KB, 512x287px
Does anybody here own any precious metals?

I'm considering buying a small amount of gold and silver in case of a significant market downturn. Is it a good idea?

Should I be looking at physical gold or ETFs? On one hand physical gold is more expensive, but I also like the idea that I can defend it myself and will always have access to it even if the bank collapses.
>>
>>2786513

those bars look so nice ans smooth, i want to rub one on my cheek
>>
>>2786513

Good idea, get it actually delivered and hold it yourself. Otherwise when the significant market downturn comes you will never see your money.

Consider getting much more silver than gold because they have been manipulated and the silver to gold ratio is way out of wack in silvers favor(for gains)
>>
File: fuckoff.gif (662KB, 480x206px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.gif
662KB, 480x206px
>>2786513
Fuck off Mike Maloney
>>
>>2786600
More silver than gold in terms of value, or just in terms of weight?
>>
my bank offers something like this but is it something worth getting into
>>
>>2786513
Bought 1k worth of junk silver. Junk silver is old dimes and quarters. They used to be made of actual silver before jews got involved.

I sort of regret it. I guess its insurance against CATASTROPHIC economic meltdown, but that almost never happens. America isnt some 3rd world african nation.

Silver doesnt earn interest. Its harder to flip than crypto. It could theoretically be stolen if some burglar found my super secret hiding spot. Automated robot mining (they are actually doing that in australia) could cause the price to drop just from sheer production increases, not having anything to do with economics.

This was back before I found out about indexing and roboadvisors and Wealthfront and Roth IRAs.

Still it was only 1k, and is still worth roughly 1k. Probably way more than that if the stock markets really do take a shit. Ive made worse investments.

Keep in mind nations that actually did fuck their economy in the ass like venezula and some african nations are still not using gold and silver. They are using cryptocurrency.
>>
>>2786758
Assfucked economies without electricity can't use crypto. Our electric grid and internet infrastructure are horribly centralized.
>>
>>2786771
No nation in the world has ever been so fucked they lost electricity. Not even warzones.

Somalia right now has lost internet, but america is not somalia.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1457543/accidental-internet-cut-hits-somalia-hard

lel. Even internet loss is pretty rare, and usually because some despotic government doesnt want its citizens talking.
>>
>>2786783
The government can't shut down the internet, I'll make my own.
>>
I recommend everyone to have at least a little physical gold or silver stashed somewhere in the house. I know it seems like there could never be a total economic collapse because we are accustomed to comfort and normalcy.

But one day... one day it will happen.
>>
>>2786888
I have about 20 ounces of gold (as long as those seven bars are all real)
6 1/2 ounces of platinum and 180 ounces of silver hidden in my house along with a lot of guns.
>>
I have physical gold and silver also have some GLD and SLV etf holdings. With ETF's you won't be able to get physical gold or silver if you actually needed it. If you want to speculate on price go with ETF's if you want SHTF insurance buy physical.
>>
File: 0234_-_LIYDk27.jpg (63KB, 526x400px) Image search: [Google]
0234_-_LIYDk27.jpg
63KB, 526x400px
>>2786888
>>2787112
This is when I take my AK and I steal your gold and put you down in a ditch though.
Thank you for accumulating assets for me :)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.