[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw mommy raised a smart boy that invested in monacoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: monachan5.jpg (154KB, 849x1200px)
monachan5.jpg
154KB, 849x1200px
>tfw mommy raised a smart boy that invested in monacoin
>>
File: IMG_3606.jpg (391KB, 805x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3606.jpg
391KB, 805x1020px
These bags are heavy as fuck, but I hold because japense memes will make this thing real.

Kek made trump president. The power of memes is endless. Memes will now make us rich.

Praise kek
>>
File: monachan10.jpg (239KB, 1200x893px) Image search: [Google]
monachan10.jpg
239KB, 1200x893px
>>2786041
tfw mona is getting her own manga & anime series, acutal use in japan stores, arcades, will be shilled with real posters next month all over stores, halving in 2 days, it's a smart move desu. plus weebs will spend all their neetbux on her when she becomes popular
>>
>>2786041
Put it on 1D on bittrex, it could dip a bit lower but it should go back to the mean growth from before
>>
Once I get paid I'm buying a good chunk and hold it until the 2020 Olympics. Wish me luck, friends.
>>
can you mine mona ?
>>
>>2786621

yes desu
>>
>>2786005
I like mona coin, believe in it and got money from it but investing in it right now either means you are dumb or that you didn't think enough.
Monacoin is mostly traded against YEN. Right now, monacoin is losing the hype and will slowly sink to then keep going up.
But bitcoin is low now. Buying monacoin with BTC is dumb at the moment. When the bitcoin price rises again, monacoin is going to decrease as a result because it's not going to be affect.
>>
>>2786651
>But bitcoin is low now. Buying monacoin with BTC is dumb at the moment. When the bitcoin price rises again, monacoin is going to decrease as a result because it's not going to be affect.
Wrong. BTC lost 7% in today's tumble. MONA lost 20%. Alts generally lose more than BTC, but also generally recover more, as a percentage.

Further, when BTC's value rises, all coins tradeable with BTC rise as a result. If a $2000 BTC is used to purchase 10000 MONA (just hypothetical numbers), and the ratio between BTC and MONA is exactly fixed, then MONA gains exactly proportionally to BTC (exchange fees being the only issue).

Granted, I'm not saying today is necessarily a great time to buy MONA. MONA is often out of phase with BTC, so when other alts begin to have 10-20% recoveries, MONA may lag behind by a couple days, meaning it might be better to go BTC-->another alt-->BTC-->MONA. But that's just a matter of chance. I just went out of Tether and I'm anxious about whether I should buy MONA or something else. I want to say something else before MONA, since American markets are more reflexive than Zaif, but I don't know what to get first. Might just go MONA anyways since 20k is fairly low.
>>
>>2786689
You don't get what I mean. Monacoin is traded way more with YEN than anything else.
Let's say its price is 80 YEN(ie). If bitcoin is 80 YEN a coin, you can buy one for 1 bitcoin. If bitcoin's price rises to 100 YEN and monacoin keeps at 80YEN, monacoin is going to be worth 0.8 BTC(not the exact number).
Your post just outed how little you know about the market and monacoin. Buying monacoin with BTC when BTC is low is a dumb move.
>>
>>2786689
>>2786710
Also, look at coinmarketcap or anything, the YEN market for monacoin is more than 5 times bigger than the BTC market.
That alone shows your lack of knowledge when saying "Further, when BTC's value rises, all coins tradeable with BTC rise as a result. If a $2000 BTC is used to purchase 10000 MONA (just hypothetical numbers), and the ratio between BTC and MONA is exactly fixed, then MONA gains exactly proportionally to BTC (exchange fees being the only issue)." and hurts your credibility as a whole.
Even if you try to deny it, it shows for anyone reading this.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monacoin/#markets
>>
>>2786710
I don't get your point and what YEN has to do with it. I mean, you're not wrong what you say there, but that's on the assumption that MONA will not rise at all. For the 7/11 crash, MONA fell ~25% and then recovered ~20%. The best situation would be to hold BTC before the crash (~7% fall), buy MONA at the bottom, ride MONA up (~20%), and then go back to BTC before the crash. That's how it often works with alts.
>>
>>2786746
Dude, if you can buy Monacoin for YEN right now it's not a bad idea. But when you buy it with BTC you are going to be fighting against the weight that is the bitcoin low right now, something that you won't deal with it when buying a coin that is mostly traded with BTC. Even if mona rises its actual price to 6/5 of what it is now(20% ) you won't gain anything against BTC if BTC goes back to 2500.
>>
>>2786781
Right now, roughly 5000 MONA = 1 BTC on Bittrex.
Let's say I have 1 BTC, worth about $2150.
Hypothetically, let's say that tomorrow, BTC will recover 7% over USD and MONA will recover 20% over BTC.
I have two options.

Option 1:
Trade 1 BTC for 5000 MONA.
One day passes, my 5000 MONA are now worth 1*1.2/1.07 BTC, or 1.12 BTC. I trade my 5000 MONA back for 1.12 BTC. I trade my 1.12 BTC for 1.12*2150*1.07 USD, or $2760 USD.

Option 2:
Hold 1 BTC. Ignore MONA.
One day passes, my 1 BTC is now worth 1.07*2150 USD, or $2300 USD.

What's wrong with my reasoning/math?
>>
>>2786840
If it recovers over BTC it's fine, but you are fighting against BTC if you hope for it to happen.
The problem is that you shouldn't be buying with BTC right now. And you can't if you aren't on Japan.
If you thing that monacoin is going to rise so much so fast that it's going to be worth it even though you are fighting against BTC, go for it. Not impossible. But I rather not fight against it.
>>
>>2786005
The problem of that coin is that it have a fucking meme in the name and logo. That's like hoping for BoJ to see it, and then ">meme, nope. We aren't approving it as mean of transaction."
I'm holding ans hoping for rabid nationalism of chinks to pump it.
For mona, doubt it.
>>
>>2786898
But that's what happened on 7/11. I mean, yes, like anything it's a gamble. If it went the opposite way and stayed there, I'd be fucked. But because alts almost *always* lose relative to BTC during a crash, it means that the alts that aren't shit tend to gain relative to BTC during the rebound. Granted, alts don't *always* gain, so that's why it's best to go with a relatively stable alt to catch the rebound short-term. imo, MONA fits that profile, and there is recent precedence to support that claim.

Even if MONA ends up not recovering short-term, however, I have more faith in it than most other alts to stay valuable long term, due to it being accepted at ATMs, having an active fanbase, and being connected to a separate market. If I have to hodl MONA, I will. Granted, XMR is even more stable and safe, but the gains are also a little weaker as a result. Holding BTC for these next weeks/months isn't that viable though, the market is in a bubble overall and one would be better off just cashing out or staying in Tether if you're not going to try to play the waves.
>>
>>2786973
Alts that are tied to BTC do lose when BTC crashes, but it isn't the case for Mona. It's crashing right now because of all the hype and the fact that support breaks after a little stagnation.
You can "bet" on mona and win right now, but you win be betting on mona and against BTC at the same time.
Btc can go lower and mona go higher and it's a win for you. But BTC can go higher and monacoin lower and you are completely fucked. That is the point. And this is almost exclusively related to mona because it's tied with fiat and not BTC.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.