[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R0th IRA: Who doesn't screw you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: like-a-boss-e1350189178780_6.jpg (27KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
like-a-boss-e1350189178780_6.jpg
27KB, 640x430px
So thinking about starting a Roth IRA @ the ripe old age of 26. Any good companies I should look into right off the bat or should I just use my local Credit Union?
>>
>>2784058

I've used t. Rowe price and vanguard for ira accounts and have been quite pleased. I've been very impressed by the customer service at TRP.
>>
>>2784209
Do they have options Not to invest in mutual Funds?
>>
>>2784058
Vanguard typically offers lower fees and have a minimal frills approach
>>
>>2784230
I'm just hoping none of you fools work for Vanguard. I have no sympathy for Cold-Calling-insurance salesman, with zero regard for morality.
>>
>>2784225

There are no fees to buy their products, but there might be trading fees for other things in certain situations. You are not restricted to only buying their mutual fund. They have documentation that details the type of investment and the method of executing the trade (online, phone, etc) and the transaction fee. I put my money into vanguard and t. Rowe mutual funds so it wasn't applicable to me.
>>
>>2784259

If someone eagerly recommended voya financial or key bank then I'd call shenanigans
>>
>>2784058
Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab are typically safe bets.

Just figure out who is charging the lowest combined fees (expense ratio plus sales charges) on the fund that matches what you want to invest in, and/or determine who has the best returns net-of-fees. You should be able to figure that out with a google search.

I would only go with your local credit union if their fee structure is competitive. If they're wishy-washy on their fee structure or don't have a one-sheet that explains their sales load, fee structure, and returns net-of-fees, I wouldn't buy from them because they clearly are not interested in competing on the ONLY element of a mutual fund that matters to the customer, return on investment.
>>
>>2784301
Haha, good point, but watch out for the sneaky fuck-ery around here.
>>
>>2784259
haha most people recommend vanguard because they are the largest provider of low-cost retirement funds.

My 401(k) is primarily driven by vanguard funds, and I work for one of the largest banks in America.

People recommend Vanguard because they have a solid return net-of-fees, and they're cheap to buy into for the average investor.

I've also heard that Betterment is attempting to compete with some of the big investment houses on this stuff, and they may be able to offer competitive pricing depending on the size of your portfolio and how you intend to manage it.
>>
>>2784373
I just interested in a good retirement plan. Shit I just might expatriate to a cheaper country with what ever I get.
>Fuck the fed.
>>
>>2784058
wise banyan. free and I've been pretty impressed with returns.
>>
>>2784328
>Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab are typically safe bets
Don't go with Fidelity. They manage my employer's 401k and their returns aren't great.

I have a taxable account and Roth IRA with Wisebanyan and it has outperformed Fidelity, and I don't pay fees, although I just signed up for their tax protection service.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.