[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best auto investments? >cars that appreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Photo+Aug+02,+10+31+37+PM.jpg (502KB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Photo+Aug+02,+10+31+37+PM.jpg
502KB, 2160x1440px
What is the best auto investments?

>cars that appreciate
>>
Probably some exclusive/limited/collector shit
>>
NSX as pictured
R32 - R34 GTR
993 911
997 GT3 RS
>>
Find a car that has potential to grow in value and try to find one that will appeal to collectors.

Example. 76 Carousel red trans am 455. Year of lasts on a 2nd gen f body. Last year for the 455 and that color.
>>
Also, try to find a 4wd 7.3 diesel Ferd Excursion for cheap from some one who doesn't know what go for and flip it. Those things are worth some money on ebay even at high mileage.
>>
>>2779354
>Cars
>Investment
The only cars appreciating beyond cost of capital, maintenance, storage and your time are cars that you aren't even allowed to drive.

Cars are almost always hobby/consumption.
>>
watch a couple episodes of jay lenos garage, not joking. He knows his shit, and so does the old black dude that does appraisals.

The nsx you posted is a good one still, especially eary 2000's or the first year. Still going up, wont stop going up for clean all original ones.

The ford GT, old and new. GT40 if you're rich AF.
anything under 1k made, even shit.
anything numbered, limited run with all paperwork history.

An entry price point is largely the deciding factor on what the best investments are. As is how you plan to maintain and keep it in as close to original condition as possible.

Personally I buy and sell cars on the side between enjoying them, even imports are picking up. true type r integras in original shape, nismo 350z/370z are a few that have started to turn around or already have been going up.

your question is like asking which is the best leaf on a tree, need more info.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 156x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 156x90px
F40. last Ferrari the man himself ever designed. only gonna be worth more as time passes and it's sexy as fuck.
>>
Toyota AE86 and some Eurobeat tracks.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>2779423
jesus fuck did i save the thumbnail
>>
>>2779411
this.

I used to own one, and a 7.3 f350, I still cannot believe how much they are appreciating in value lately.

good luck finding one cheap though, every car guy knows if they see one cheap, buy it immediately and flip it.

The 7.3 is an amazing powerplant and runs for fucking ever, my last one had a very hard tuned 250k on it running like new.

It is no wonder why they went up though with a new diesel truck costing 80 grand and with half the reliability.

Also needs to be stated, find one not rusted to absolute shit.
>>
>>2779416

the leafs that dont fall off, rot, and disingrate into a worthless asset
>>
>>2779423
>>2779429
does it come with ants?
>>
>>2779437

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6193946208.html

Should I buy this one?
>>
>>2779454
yeah i fucking give up every picture i save is a goddamn thumbnail
>>
>>2779462
>https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6193946208.html

Not a horrible price, but the real deal would be one for that price with 130k or so on it. As an investment no, as a flip, depends on maintenance records available. The trans is likely getting weaker, probably need injector cups soon, probably need HPOP soon, probably needs most of the front end replaced, and nothing is cheap or easy, even doing it yourself.

The fact that it is listed for over 2 weeks and is still there, means it isnt an amazing buy. good deals are gone in hours.

Personally I couldnt fathom spending that much on it. My currect 2010 2500hd 4x4 crew I paid wayyyy less for with way less miles.
>>
Cars are tools
>>
Difficult to make profits off of supercars, particularly because to even get access to cars that will appreciate in value you have to have significant access and be a known quantity with dealerships. For instance, certain Ferraris they'll only sell to existing Ferrari owners.

But depending on what you drive you can basically drive "for free" (no depreciation) and continue flipping. A lot of people do this with GT Porsches.
>>
>>2779354
I've always wanted a DeLorean because I watched Back to the Future as a boy. I would appreciate it enough for both of us.
>>
File: oh-mer-gerd-lambergerner.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
oh-mer-gerd-lambergerner.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>2779354
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.