[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fundamental analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: fundamental analysis.png (11KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fundamental analysis.png
11KB, 600x600px
Is this thing real? Can you simply learn economics & finance well enough to spot emerging trends and invest in the right stocks?
>>
File: killeroflife.png (35KB, 137x203px) Image search: [Google]
killeroflife.png
35KB, 137x203px
>>2777860
you should feel embarrassed for making such a stupid post
>>
>>2777860
you cant "learn" it, its genetic. I dont know anything about economics but I put all my money in cryptocurrency as soon as i learned about it. It may be a hard pill to swallow, but some of us just have more natural ability than any hedge fund manager would be able to learn in their entire lifetimes.
>>
>>2777901
I am in good profit with crypto myself and want to test the waters in stocks

I don't think you understand what fundamental analysis means
>>
>>2777935

>I don't think you understand what fundamental analysis means

of course I do. It involves analyzing how popular things are. So for example if a coin has a lot of threads on /biz/, then it has strong fundamentals and is a good investment.
>>
>>2777976
I know how meme economy works, but it's totally different with stocks, and that's what interests me in the first place. I don't think you can apply your meme economy skills to real world stocks.
>>
>>2777976
REEEE YOU DUMBBBB OMGGGGGGGGGGGG I CANNNNNNN'TTTTTT HOW CAN YOU BE THAT DUMB REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 97x96px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 97x96px
>>2777994
>>
>>2777860

Start by reading The Intelligent Investor.

Fundamental analysis normally refers to learning about the particular investment, its context in the market it operates, the general economic conditions presently and into the future AND THEN ATTRIBUTING A VALUE TO THE INVESTMENT. If the business or investment is exposed to certain other forces such as interest rate changes for banks or spot price of commodities for miners it is important to research the markets for those things as well, looking at supply/demand and future outlook.

For example let's say a gold miner can produce an ounce of gold for $800 and the current spot price is $1,200 then they are a profitable business but if it looks like gold is going to drop to $500 then the value of that miner would plummet and potentially cause the winding up of the company or at least the mining operation until the spot price improved. Look for general trends though in this case rather than obsessing daily over the spot price or interest rate.

Then the main part of fundamental analysis is to take all these things into consideration and estimate if the current market price is cheap or expensive based on your analysis. Then based on that you should buy/sell/do nothing.

This valuation method works well for stocks and the general market research is integral for every asset class.

It's a lot harder with cryptos as no one has any idea of how to really model them and thus put a value on them. If Bitcoin is digital gold then its market cap should be in the trillions and not the 38b it currently is valued at so you can see how the method of fundamental analysis above is hard (and potentially useless) for non-stock asset classes.

But yeah, read that book first, it will serve your future self very well. All the best.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.