[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any experienced day traders here? Im applying for an opening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: PRa7MMH.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PRa7MMH.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
Any experienced day traders here? Im applying for an opening trading derivatives and otc on energy markets. Do i have a shot, even if i have bad communication and negotiating skills?
>>
>>2774955
I personally have a lot of friends who got into analyst sales and trading jobs on Wall Street. I went to Wharton so going into IB was pretty much every student's wet dream. I personally took a different career but I might be able to still help you, if only a little.

>Do I have a shot
You're not giving us much to work with. How do we know?
>I have bad communication and negotiating skills
So that's all there is to you then? Lol then no of course not.

Be less vague. I mean come on. Where did you go to school? Background with analysis and handling large data? Tell us about yourself instead of shitposting ffs.
>>
>>2774955
My father has a degree in Theology and Philosophy and he started trading futures in the eighties and became a partner in a trading firm by 25. If he could do it so can you. It takes a LOT of work to be successful in trading. You MUST have a passion for markets to win. I don't know much about how hiring for these positions works these days but good luck anon and may God be with you.
>>
>>2774974
Im from EU, and I tick most their requirements, except they want a undergrad degree minimum, while Im still in my second year. I have python, sql, excel experience and also know some secondary languages which is prefered. They also specifically want someone from STEM field which i am. My main concern is I have no real experience in trading, i used to day trade forex for fun but thats about it
>>
>>2775039
Ok so you're trying to get an internship then, yes?

You're not trying to get a job that requires a degree while still being just a sophomore undergrad, are you? An internship is what I assume you mean..
>>
>>2775055
Yes you could say I'm looking for an internship. But companies don't usually have those in my country. We have this thing called student jobs, that helps companies hire students while paying a lot less taxes. Anyhow, the company already gave a position for an analyst, and it was specified that students should also apply, so I assume this is the same.
The title is day trading associate btw.
>>
>>2775055
So what I want to know is how important trading experience and communication skills are, even if I do meet all the other requirements.
>>
>>2775012
it's not the 80s anymore. op has no chance in hell.
>>
>>2775251
Communication and your ability to work with data will be most important.

If you're the kind of person who can look at a large data and see overarching ideas, draw conclusions from looking at the data as a whole, and effectively communicate these ideas you'll be ideal.

Know absolutely every single thing there is to know about the markets. Have plenty of stories ready about times you worked with data in the past. Be ready for math problems. Be able to draw large conclusions from current events and precisely explain the RISKS and OPPORTUNITIES they offer to the job you're interviewing for. Basically, be able to take a Wall Street journal article (if you were in the US) that you read that morning and thoroughly explain how something in it will affect the markets and job you are applying for.

Like >>2775309
said though, I don't know if you have a shot. I came from Wharton, so I genuinely think the kids around me who went for it had a shot, and a lot of them were successful, but I can't speak for other schools.
>>
>>2775319
Thanks for your advice. Hey do you think I should put some ideas on market movement prediction in the Email to try to impress them. Or should I wait for the interview for that?
>>
>>2775364
Interview. Of course.

But if you can find out about them and what specifically the interviewer is doing, it can be very useful. You can discuss it in the interview and then email them later saying you looked further into what he/she was talking about and email them your insights about it after the interview. That makes a lot more sense. If you email them your insights on something you discussed in the interview, and you do it well, that can have a good impression. Doing it beforehand is a bad idea because you'll be doing nothing but discussing it your entire interview.
>>
>>2775364
Don't just send them a prediction though, like what the fuck? If you're going to send them something, send them research you've done or due dilligence/data to support a conclusion you have researched. Not some normie market movement prediction...
>>
>put all your money in ans
>sp500
>bitcoin
>go to sleep for 20 years
>wake up rich
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.