[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is in the trades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: metalworking_0.jpg (63KB, 520x300px) Image search: [Google]
metalworking_0.jpg
63KB, 520x300px
I've always romanticized being a metal worker of some sort. All the people I know in trade (mostly electricians) make more money than any of my college-graduate friends. Any success stories here? I currently work a terribly boring desk job making only $20/hr with a terrible commute. I've been here for 3 years, and it's time to move on.
>>
>>2774547
>falling for the blue-collar jew
wew
>>
>>2774865
>y-yeah I know right? Who needs real world skills?
>>
>>2774909
>"""real world"""
getting covered in filth and grime to make Mr. Shekleberg rich while you work for peanuts is only "real world" to peasants and plebs. Why condemn yourself to a lifetime of cuckery?
>>
>>2774547

Many community colleges have metalworking classes, try it you might enjoy it.
>>
>>2774865

>falling for the white collar jew

What's the difference?
>>
>>2774547
My dad is a ironworker (welder) with his own business and does very well. Worked with him for many years. People think people working in trades like plumbers, electrician, welders, and so forth don't make a lot, but they do. If you put in the time you can live really well. My dad works like a dog, Saturdays included, he clears usually 150k a year.

There is nothing like doing physical labor and coming home tired and feeling like you accomplished something that day. But, I will say I don't think a lot of people can do this long term because your body starts to break down. It's important to save money in this field so be able to retire somewhat early.
>>
>>2774547

I cant tell you much about being a metal worker, but I've spent the past three years after graduating highschool working with a master carpenter. Together with his two sons we build and restore old wooden boats. Ever since I started working with my hands I have never woken up dreading going to work. That isn't to say that the days can't be long and exhausting, but every night I can step back to look at what my labor has produced and know that it was worth it. Every night I go home knowing that I have helped physically bring more beauty to the world.

Oh btw

Apprenticeships>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>trade school
>>
>>2775038
falling for neither jew is the answer.
>>
>>2775038
>>2775223
but the difference is that the ones who fell for the white-collar jew spit on you.
>>
>>2774547
>asking if anyone is in the trades
>literally browsing a board where NEETs are buying and selling fake coins so they don't have to work
Anon I....
>>
>>2775126
>feeling like you accomplished something that day
Wasting your life doing physical labor is hardly an accomplishment, though.
>>
Anon, Im a self employed welder and I made about 180k last year, taxes say my proit was about $90k.

If you want to make good money, you need to be GOOD. My customers pay me about 3x what some local guys charge and are happy to do it because Im reliable, do good work and can solve problems quickly to unfuck things and get the job done. Im also educated (trade school) which many in the field arent.

Between that and having insurance, Im a decent looking option for a customer.

So there you go. If you do things right like how I learned to, you can charge $90 just to show up, then 80-120 per hour on site.

If you go into it not having a clue and acting like uncle bumblefuck, the have fun making $30 an hour welding someones lawnmower in their driveway. I wish you the best, aspiring tradesbro
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.