[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying a home a good idea? What are the perks and risks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Is buying a home a good idea? What are the perks and risks?
>>
home ownership is a scam
>>
>>2770351
>perks
idk, having somewhere to live? lmao idiot

>risks
House could burn down because your amazing faggotry ignites the drapes
>>
File: 1tbmj20sgl2z.png (804KB, 1080x984px) Image search: [Google]
1tbmj20sgl2z.png
804KB, 1080x984px
I'm 20 and I have the opportunity to get a $50k house. My circumstances are kind of unique In that my mother owns the house. She has a mortgage on the house that she pays off by renting the house she doesn't live in it. She agreed that she would let me keep the house if I took on the payment of like $300 a month which is nothing to me. I could have this home paid off by my 30s
Thoughts? Does this sound like a good idea
>>
>>2770351
perks - you own the home
risks - forget where you live and lose home forever
>>
>>2770397
What does the average house cost in your area?
>>
>perks
upgrade and sell/rent for more muns
>risks
shit gets fucked and you have to fix it, eating your muns

and the ever notorious "i was a retard and mortgaged my house so now the bank owns all my muns"
>>
>>2770416
It's a small town in NC a nice 4 bedroom 2 bath seem to go for more then 100k. The house a 3 bedroom 1 bath house in a nice'ish neighborhood it's not a super nice house but it's not terribly ugly either
>>
>>2770466
The housing market is overvalued but your price is low at $50K you should be safe. If you can come up with the $300/mo. go for it. It's either the house or paying rent and have to move around.

$50K up here can't even get me a studio apartment.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.