[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of business will you start and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1487634868261.jpg (647KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487634868261.jpg
647KB, 1920x1080px
What kind of business will you start and why?
>>
>>2760835
Browser-based game, because I'm poor and I'm only any good at HTML.

Of course, I have no idea if browser games are a dying breed. I mean, I still play them and I assume people still enjoy killing a few minutes at work with browser games. What do you all think?
>>
>>2760937
What type of game is it?
>>
Why would I tell you faggot?

I'm started a business that provides about 1000 passive monthly income. But yea, I won't go beyond that
>>
>>2760835
I really want to start a marijauna growing facility the second it becomes legal in my state for recreational use.

I feel as though everyone will try and open a dispensary, but few will actually want to become suppliers. I have experience in working with large scale farming facilities, but I feel like the second I pitch my business idea to any place to get a loan they'll just laugh and send me on my way because lol he must be a pothead

I don't even smoke it or anything but you'd have to be stupid not to realize the potential market for even small scale growing operations.
>>
>>2760937
You're going to need more than HTML to make a browser-based game. I think you should probably put your eggs in the mobile game basket if you're serious.
>>
I've been doing different hustles since I was fifteen, but I'm currently eighteen and doing social media marketing and building Wordpress websites for people.

It's the second-Easiest scam I've ever done, second only to a YouTube network.

I charge people $30 to buy them a domain, $15 a month to host the site, and I can sometimes get them with a $100 charge just to install Wordpress.

That's on the side, though. My daily job is in landscaping. It pays a LOT less but I'm getting in shape and at this point in my life that matters to me a lot, because right now I'm a fat piece of shit.

im also working on a mobile app and web client similar to Drudge Report, but aimed at millennials/gen z. Not only will it aggregate the news like Drudge, it can also summarize said news. There was an app similar to this that Yahoo bought for $30 million. That means the market is there and it's wide open.

So, by the end of the summer, I should have enough to get a new car(a 2000 Camry is not gonna cut it for college), and also be able to pay for some advertising for my news app.
>>
>>2760966
Combination virtual pet/RPG. I really hate using existing games as comparisons, but think Neopets meets Kingdom of Loathing. Players create pets and are given the opportunity to explore the game world and build their pets stats up via turn-based combat & noncombat encounters. They have a limited number of turns per day they can use exploring, a number which resets at midnight every night. In addition to this, there are options for several small games that players can play that are thematically set in the game world, and players have the option to either use their own pet to compete (thus earning stats at the expense of a turn per play, the stats gained being dependent on the type of game) or use a "rental" pet (thus earning money, up to three times per game). The players can only do customization for the pets themselves, there are no "player avatars" or anything.

>>2760989
>mobile game basket
That's actually a further-down step that I want to include as well: a mobile app that acts as a "watered down" version of the site: players can download the app to gain more turns via the app to build up their pets even more. The app can be used offline, however it would require periodic connections to the internet to ensure the stats between the app and the site are in sync (or maybe just require it to be online, I'm still working out the kinks here).
>>
>>2760988
This is a man with a plan.
>>
>>2760988
I grew 12 plants for medical dispenaries when I lived in CA. Once you find a good spot for them where you won't need to worry about too much/not enough sun, growing was simple. Cutting dead stems was annoying, but pest control was a huge pain in the ass. A surprising number of bugs like to snack on pot.

Actually cutting the plants so they could be dried was hell on earth though, took half a day just for 12 plants
>>
>>2760988
Everyone knows that once it's legal in your state, weed is big money. Banks will definitely understand that
>>
>>2761067
That sounds like a fun game and you should make it but just know you aren't going to see a penny from it. MAYBE ad sales but that'll probably just let you make even on server costs (at best).
>>
>>2761209
Well, if I play my cards right I might be able to get a shop where I can sell plushies and t-shirts and shit after the userbase grows, or maybe when the app finally happens I get some ad revenue from it and/or straight up sell it for a couple bucks. Or heck, do the KoL thing and set up a donation bucket where every 10 bucks donated gets the player an item that changes every month.

Of course, the best case scenario would be if a large entertainment conglomerate like Viacom or someone took notice and tried to buy me out, but such an event is so rare it's hardly worth banking on. Either way, I have faith in my idea, and quite honestly I have nothing else going for me at the moment so it can't hurt to try.
>>
>>2760988
>I don't even smoke it or anything
That is honestly going to put you ahead of a lot of the competition, too many potheads I know want to start a commercial growing operation solely so they have continuous access to pot.l
>>
Bumpu
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.