[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't they massively investing in mining ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: SiliconValley.png (79KB, 647x305px) Image search: [Google]
SiliconValley.png
79KB, 647x305px
Chinese control 70% of the mining power today and the more times goes the harder it will be to have a big ROI for a newcomer, I don't even speak about the weight they have on the future of cryptomoneys.
Why the big western tech companies don't invest in the mining infrastructure ?
>>
Are you sure that they don't ?
>>
>>2747034
Because all they know is how to set up public bids for themselves and corrupt their way into vendor lock-ins while increasingly selling repackaged open source SW deployed on commoditised HW to abovementioned suckers
>>
File: McAfee.jpg (214KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
McAfee.jpg
214KB, 1240x826px
because this man will come after them
>>
>>2747034
people are blind. I bet 80% of investors still think cryptos are scam/bubble.
>>
>>2747034
Because once people become fully accustomed to crypto they are going to swoop in and shut down the game by starting currencies of their own and refusing to adknowledge existing cryptos. The future will be Googlecoin, Amazonbux etc.
>>
>>2747746
this. there are maybe 10 coins that will make it, that's including the ones that consolidate and are acquired by other coins
>>
>>2747746
this

big boys will just see what becomes viable then either buy it or just reproduce the tech
>>
>>2747034
mining is pointless work for works sake.

most crypto projects are just shitty clones of each other that only intend to raise money.

BTC and some of the others which are established have some decent tech behind them, but are ultimately pointless to hold. If they wanted to invest, they'd invest in orgs that educate about bitcoin, or programs that teach engineers how to solve systems/network problems specific to crypto.

Also, crypto isn't really unique in its sudden spike in interest/value. a new software/hardware concept comes out every month that gets the entire finance/VC world jumping onboard for a few weeks at least, and the same shit happens as you're seeing now, a slow decay in value/interest as other shit comes out. in terms of ROI, it's the same gamble as a million other ideas but is more complicated than the research projects they are normally backing.
>>
>>2748961
cute post, rebecca. how deep are you into IOTA?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.