[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inflation and cryptocurrency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bitcoin inflation .png (46KB, 813x603px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin inflation .png
46KB, 813x603px
So in terms of the long view of cryptocurrency, isn't there a conflict of interest between users, who want the highest value for their currency, and the devs, who want the highest level of circulation? Won't the devs want to release as many coins as possible, while the users/investors will want as few coins released as possible?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>2741710
Why do you think devs would want to release as many coins as possible?
>>
why the fuck would devs want as many coins in circulation as possible, when devs are some of the biggest coin holders?
>>
if the devs or an elite group straight up control the supply you need benevolent dictators

there are plenty of uncapped coins that aim for a smooth 1-2% inflation rate. bitcoin in the future may just be a relic only traded in person or (amusingly) by changing it first to another crypto to transfer it so that you don't have to deal with fees
>>
>>2741994

To increase accessibility and popularity of the coin, i.e. expand it to a larger market

>>2742014

In the case of an uncontrollable supply, would that mean that coinis only worth investing in when the rate of potential demand/market growth beats the rate of inflation? Is there a point in time after which a coin is dead to inflation?
>>
>>2742168
You are asking good questions, but you need to think harder about the incentives of devs and what the effect of inflating the money supply would be.
>>
>>2742254
Well for instance what I think he's referring to would be in the case of Ripple. If Ripple wants to expand the adoption of its cryptocurrency to more banks, it needs to have a bigger circulating supply. So they'll release more and more Ripple to those banks, but at the same time, investors would buy Ripple saying that "oh all these banks are adopting it, it'll go up in value." so there'd be a clash of interests there- investors buying on the good news and then Ripple devs releasing more Ripple to sate the increased demand of those extra banks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.