[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends, how are you all? Would someone mind explaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images (32).jpg (19KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (32).jpg
19KB, 443x332px
Hello friends, how are you all?

Would someone mind explaining to me why some people don't like segwit2x?

To me it seems like the perfect compromise, seeing as no matter what we choose now, we're eventually going to need to implement both larger block sizes and segwit.
>>
segwit is all we need right now. implementing segwit2x would be giving in to chink Jihan Wu. he deserves no say in this conversation. miners mine. they don't decide software upgrades. period.
>>
>>2739182
I agree, but segwit2x seems like a good future proofing idea, and it should appeal to both miners and users
>>
File: 1496149734027.jpg (41KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
1496149734027.jpg
41KB, 500x673px
Trying to learn more about this issue but from what I can gather wouldn't the Unlimited solution sort of defeat the purpose of BTC?

Increasing the block size by a couple mb seems like a fine solution for now.

Am I way off here or what?
>>
>>2739197
What do you mean by unlimited solution?
>>
>>2739182
bullshit, block size increase is much more urgent than segwit.
>>
>>2739294
See, this is why we should do both in segwit2x. Everyone gets what they want
>>
>>2739182
brainwashed r/bitcoin retard

segwit is only useful for LN and that is literally YEARS in the future - not to mention the countless disadvantages compared to onchain scaling

miners don't "just mine". they are the gatekeepers of the network and deserve a hell of a lot more say than some blockstream retards who've dragged their feet for 2 years+ now while the network suffers.

the network can support 2mb blocks NOW. do it and give the network the much needed capacity increase.

i don't have a problem with segwit/LN but it's not a solution to the scaling problems bitcoin faces NOW. i'm sick of blockstream FUDing and making excuses while the network suffers.

segwit2x is a good compromise.
>>
>>2739314
it's not happening, sorry. we are just getting core's segwit. nothing else. we will revisit the block size issue later on.

there is no issue with fees or slow transactions. the chink miners like Jihan are just spamming the network by moving coins back and forth in a pathetic attempt to trick retards like >>2739294
>>
>>2739321
you can't actually believe this lmao
>>
>>2739325
yeah not sure if he is being sarcastic or literally so retarded blockstream has been able to brainwash him into believing that
>>
>>2739321
Why would they want the block size to go up? I guess it'll make home miners more likely to leave
>>
can someone give me a quick rundown on what the fuck is happening to bitcoin in early august?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.