[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recovering bitcoins? 10 btc for sucessful help..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: ait.jpg (107KB, 648x863px) Image search: [Google]
ait.jpg
107KB, 648x863px
2-3 years back I had got 100 btc on some bitcoin wallet, being the retard that I was I forgot about it and probably formatted my computer at least once.

Is there any way to recover this?
>>
so you have no wallet file
no private key
no password
just a faint memory? I think you're fucked, OP.
>>
>>2736075
Rip
>>
If it was on bitcoin qt wallet then you'd have a wallat.dat file somewhere on your computer that you could export to a different btc wallet but if you deleted it already you're fucked.
>>
>>2736090
Can I recover the wallet file using some recovery software? I remember the password.
>>
>>2736091
Back then bitcoin was so useless...dammit.
>>
>>2736075
If you find your dat file you might be able to use a computer to brute force the key over a couple of days.

Look for old flashdrives, you must have backed it up once.
>>
>>2736113
I remember the password I just need the file, will try all recovery software.
>>
>>2736101
depends, was it a password password or recovery phrase (with tons of random words)?
>>
>>2736130
2-3 years back and you've been using the computer? 0 chance of getting it back
>>
>>2736075
Being completely honest with u op, it is possible, but that type of shit is a huge bitch and varies with multiple variables on techniques applied. You can break shit down and view data thats been wiped, probably buried in some hexidecimal bullshit deep deep inside.. Ive recovered shit through phones, that wasnt even on the phone in the first place(basically some scary ass nsa fscebook code that carries over some,crazy shit)
Tldr: its possible, even thougg good bet something youll need may be corrupted beyond viewing..but its pretty much too much shit to explain via biz thread..i can whip up a onetime email later on and post back to this thread and we can talk, but its gonna be a long talk that will take days ..so ill check thread later on after work, lemme know whatchu wanna do
>>
Stop using that HD right now.

You should ask for help on /g/, on how to recover your wallet. The file has probably been overwritten, but there's a small chance (< 1%) that it's still there.

Good luck.
>>
>>2736136
this unfortunately
>>
>>2736144
[email protected]
>>
>>2736130
You must have printed out the private key at some point, look through old filing cabinets or wherever you hoard important shit.
>>
If the harddrive has been used actively it's next to impossible since the file has been overwritten at least once. Mounting it read-only is a must if you're doing recovery on the drive.
>>
If this is true shouldn't btc rise in value? If 100 are removed from circulation. How many you guys think are still accessible compared to coins mined?
>>
>>2736150
>>2736130
>>2736109

Back then that would have been worth $20,000 anon.

Are you trying to take someone else's bitcoins?
Or just plain fucking stupid
>>
>>2736208
I was just thinking about the same thing. There has been so many news about people losing their HDD and cryptos with it when they were worth shit
>>
Is that girl your daughter? Do you have naked pictures of her? Oh wait, you deleted them alond with your bitcoin wallet, right?
>>
>>2736208
it's estimated that around 2-3 million BTC are gone forever. yes, this makes all available ones that much more valuable.
>>
>>2736222
Just some bait image to get more replies.

>>2736212
A friend had gotten it for me, I don't remember it being worth that much back then.
>>
>>2736164
>[email protected]
I wouldn't trust someone whose password is "ultimate"
>>
>>2736239

Here you go anon

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Good luck stealing those coins friend
>>
>>2736250
Nice you haxxored 'my' account, Didn't you? Nothing much for you really.

Interested more in how you did it, even if it was an old password.
>>
>>2736339
prob just copy pasted it into leakedsource or something similar
>>
>>2736357
where did you find it? just curious how these things work
>>
>>2736412
weleakinfo.com
kek, nothing special I look up everyone who posts his email I'm retarded
>>
>>2736075
If you formatted that HDD you're certainly fucked. If you don't surrender at all, you should use "MiniTool Power Data Recovery" and try to recover that "wallet.dat" file.

Here's a link to download it:
https://www.powerdatarecovery.com/power-data-recovery.html
>>
>>2736434
did you pay?
>>
>>2736509
yea but not just for that 4chan shit, I actually do stuff with it
>>
>>2736520
like what?
>>
>>2736101
you had that in a drive, assuming you formated, if you've written a shitload of data to that drive, chances are it's lost forever.
First try to see what files you can find on the drive. Look for it using simple soft like recuva or make a recovery boot usb.
If you find the file then it's just a matter of using what you recall as being the password and open it.
>>
>>2736075
Did you use any online exchanges, how did you transfer btc to that wallet?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.