[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone tried mining with MSI Aero 1060 ITX?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: aero.jpg (44KB, 725x465px)
aero.jpg
44KB, 725x465px
Do they overheat, what is your experience?
Currently only available cards in my town..
>>
>>2730979
Better spend money on twin fans, I regret getting mine even though I only paid $215
>>
make sure to undervolt and overclock if you are mining, it will boost your profits 15+%
>>
not worth it. that's why they're available. it's too late to get into the mining game unless you have cards already.
>>
I'm mining on a 1070 and claymore's miner crushes on it with dual mining. I would get a 1060, it's going to earn decent bit more than the power bill, but if you are looking a sats/day of bitcoin looking really long, it's very worth it.
I'm earning 10k sats a week with a single card to sit on. The computer was running all day regardless, adding another 200w was nothing and I'm banking everything I mine in btc.
It's tiny chump change now, but in a few years I think I'll be glad I did it.
I just wish my mobo could have 2 gpus, I would definitely spend for another card.
>>
>>2731825
>powered risers
>>
>>2730979

This guide was awesome. It was for Asus, but I used it on my MSI. It's a little hot, but still better than the defaults. Got my hashrate up like 4mhs

https://robekworld.com/hash-rate-improvement-with-nvidia-asus-1060-1070-gpu-for-ether-like-mining-gpu-tweak-ii-e3cde220812f
>>
>>2730979
While we're at gpus:
Is it worthwhile to try and sell my MSI R9 390 8GB over ebay or shit to some miners? I see that new 480s /580s and shit are continously sold out and the demand for used 290s has also risen.
>>
>>2733614
(I should mention i'm not into the mining, i just came over here from /o/). Casual mining isnt exactly profitable in my region layed against the €/kWh
>>
>>2733614
If it still has warranty you could get good money for it maybe around 350-400$
>>
>>2732300
It's a lenovo desktop and only has one pci-e slot, and no usb3. I didn't even know what mining was when I got this tower years ago.
IBM makes a mobo that is available now with 4 slots for $160, and I could pick up a 1060 for $250 locally, but I want to see what the mining cards from asus look like in another month or so. With DX12 async compute, they would be valuable for that and I would rather have a 470 miner anyway. Probably pick up the mobo, but it wont do me any good for a bit.
>>
>>2732311
If you are dual mining with claymore's miner, you need to turn the dcri intensity way way up from anything you see online. Nvidia likes the higher intensity and I tripled my blake256 hash rate while only losing ~1Mh from the ETC mining.
>>
Noon question... Know nothing about mining... But I have a nice rig with two titan X pascal cards that just sits. I've maybe run it for 10 hours total in the last few months.

Should I put it to work mining? If so, which coin/program should I use? Thanks biz
>>
>>2734838
Claymore's dual miner. Read the docs and spend time on the dcri setting. Those cards would crush, but take forever to pay for themselves, so don't look at that.
>>
>>2734861
thanks for the response. I don't care about paying for themselves, just want to trickle a little something into my portfolio
>>
>>2734961
Nvidia is supposedly the kid eating paste in mining, but pascal and high end maxwell still do well with the miners made for them.
Benchmark your cards with few different coins combos and use whattomine dot com to see what your payouts over time would be. I started out dualing ETC and DCR just to jump in, but it's probably not the most profitable.
>>
>>2734961
Also, post your benchmark hashes, if you don't mind. There is so little info, and nothing with your scale that I have seen.
>>
>>2735030
I'll have to sit down at my pc and check those things out when I can find some time. Thanks anon
>>
>>2731825
10k sats a week is really low, are you sure it isnt 100k, my 2x r9 290 earns 13-15k sats a day each
>>
>>2735194
Which coin though? Pool or solo? I'm probably doing the wrong thing quickly.
>>
>>2735206
pool mining on nicehash using dual claymore miner ETH/Decred
>>
>>2735346
I didn't know which to pick so I started with ETC. I'll hit minimum to collect tomorrow so I'll get out and start with ETH. Why I didn't mine the coin that's worth 10x more is a question that will linger for some time.
>>
>>2735346
What are you hashing on Decred? I can get 760Mh pretty stable, if I try to go to 800Mh, it gets really variable.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.