[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

In business, what is your number one sign to indicate someone has low intelligence? After all these years what can you discern as the number one signal that tells you to watch with who you're dealing with since they're most likely retarded and erratic.

For me the biggest indicator is being insanely stubborn, never taking a single second to rationalize the counter point. Having tunnel vision and blaming others for not listening to them even though they are objectively wrong.

Or if someone is not quick witted and can't keep up with the conversations, replying in general statements instead of congruent thoughts.
>>
>>2725860
When they invest in memecoins on the internet
>>
Good rule of thumb for me is when someone's post is not about the title they made.

You're talking about emotional intelligence, not BI
>>
Any past things that went wrong or parents/friends having deals that went wrong
>>
if they ever talk about sports
>>
When they judge others intelligence.

Not only is it a good sign that someone is fucking retarded, but it also means they're a bitch.
>>
Look at their writing. Emails and chat messages tell you everything you need to know about a person. My team of engineers have a Skype chat set up to collaborate, and within minutes you can tell who is in the ball and who sucks.
>>
>>2725996
Smart people just write differently, construe there thoughts much more efficiently, it truly is night and day. Almost forgot about this until you said it.
>>
>>2725860
When their email signature uses papyrus font
>>
>>2725860

Listening to the words they use when they communicate, how persuasive / controlled they are in their sub-communication. The most potent leaders I have worked with all follow the same archetype, total ownership, they deal with conflict in a forward facing manner (x isn't getting us the results we want, so moving forward we will do y instead, rather than going you tried x? You're a fucking moron), and they're not afraid to fail, cut their losses & move on with a better plan.

"Low intelligence" isn't necessarily bad btw, it often means they don't know what they're worth, so if you can get 50k of work out of someone and only have to pay them 30k, you now have 20k you can use to compete on price / market more, etc.

Also recognizing that everyone needs to wear the right hat in order to shine, stubborn people aren't terrible, they're just terrible when they wear the wrong hat. Put them in a customer facing role and they will argue with the customer over x detail and cost you the customer long term. Conversely they are fantastic in detail oriented or compliance work, just as your entrepreneur / chief genius needs to be free to say fuck all that so he can focus on blue ocean / innovative stuff, and your 'nice guy' needs to be customer facing so people actually want to deal with your business.

Conversely you put that nice guy in a compliance role and he won't have the skills to make people follow the 'code' or whatever, and when the company gets fucked with fines, you'll be like fuck, I wish I had that stubborn guy doing that, and mr nice guy in something customer facing.

A poor leader thinks everyone is the same, and expects the same results from everyone, and gets pissed off when it doesn't happen. A great leader understands that everyone is different, with differing strengths and weaknesses, and puts them on the board in a position which will maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.
>>
Play a game of chess with them.
>>
>>2726028
>construe
>there

Sure pajeet
>>
>>2725913
This. Opie is a dumb ass.
>>
>>2726132
Good shit mang
>>
>>2726215
This is not a bad barometer, actually. Buddy of mine was a Marine, and hears all the jokes. We played a game a couple summers back, and he crushed me.

"I was all-state in California in high school," he tells me after over beers. "I only enlisted for the college money." Dude designs artificially intelligent irrigation networks now.
>>
>>2726240
EARLY MORNING AND NO COFFFEE ALRIGHT?
>>
>>2726132
Top quality post. /biz/ should have a wiki
>>
>>2726132
Thanks for this post, this is why I love /biz/ since occasionally people come here with actual knowledge.
>>
File: IQ_and_Life_Outcomes.gif (33KB, 408x597px) Image search: [Google]
IQ_and_Life_Outcomes.gif
33KB, 408x597px
>>2725860
>Ask about past deals/jobs/habits.
>What kind of car do they drive and why
>Ability to compose thoughts and communicate
>General lifestyle observation
Guys that are interested in the Wolf of Wall Street lifestyle make horrible business partners. They lack basic financial competence because they only care about the material possessions that stereotypically follow success. I'd say 99% of biz posters would make horrible partners. Look elsewhere if you want real success.
>>
>>2725860
Typically you can tell someone's business intelligence pretty quickly if you work in said industry already (running a company yourself).

Typically in my industry metalworking, the intelligent people that grow very wealthy invest in their warehouses buying new equipment and machines.

They aren't afraid to pay their good workers a little extra to improve retention and are always looking to expand their client base.

The unsuccessful people in the industry spend their money on fancy cars, are usually heavy drinkers, do not invest if they don't need to (reactive), underpay their employees and always waste time training new one, are content if they are busy (would rather work long hours themselves than train people to work while they expand their business), refuse cheap financing, or accept horrendous financing rates, don't buy insurance for their employees, etc..

The list can go on, but you can spot a bad business owner just by walking into his shop and glancing at what's going on.

Anyways, I know this might not answer your question directly, but that's been my experience.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.