[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I keep reading about needing 21 Bitcoins to be rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1479253203851.jpg (35KB, 400x448px) Image search: [Google]
1479253203851.jpg
35KB, 400x448px
Why do I keep reading about needing 21 Bitcoins to be rich?
>>
21mil total BTC circulation means owning 21 coins is being one out of one million in the currency of the future.
The daydream is like "what if you owned one millionth of all existing USD".
>>
>>2725571
but it's not like they're divided equally
and some of the initial coins are supposed to be lost.
I mean, that number should probably be less than 21 BTC, but then there is people with 10k BTC
>>
>>2725588
doesnt need to be divided equally
you'd have one out of a million and some other guy 1000 out of a million
>>
>>2725618
what I mean is that I can still make it even if I have 5 BTC. I mean, with 5 BTC, if there's a million people holding BTC, I'd have more than the mean average?
Since a few people have 10k BTC and some coins have been destroyed?
>>
>>2725627
Oh, well yeah absolutely.
People just need things to ease their anxiety and it's a nice even chunk to hodl on to.

Honestly everyone knows that you'll gain more from trading altcoins than merely holding BTC forever anyway.
>>
>>2725660
I'm actually targetting something like 100 BTC before I stop trading with altcoins.
But it will take a long while, if it ever happens.
>>
you guys cant seriously believe btc is going to be the one currency for the whole world right, like 21 will likely be worth a shitload in 5 years but lets be serious
>>
>>2725681
No but think of it like gold now.
If you own X kilograms of gold, it means you've probably made it.
Imagine that 20 years ago they gave gold much more easily, and the people who kept the gold safe, and kept living without spending it. Now those people can buy anything they want.

Kind of the same for Bitcoin, but better. Like dollars that gained value
>>
>>2725532
It doesn't work.

The hodl meme makes sense when price drops - ie not to panic sell.

We should also hodl when tx fees are high, or potentially sell.

The only way for btc to go up is to use it.
>>
>>2725766
What do you mean it doesn't work?
of course it works
the price keeps going up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.