[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shapeshift question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: shapeshift.png (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshift.png
30KB, 300x300px
Suppose Person A is holding XRP.
Person B has done a job for Person A and would like to be paid in Bitcoin.
Person A doesn't want Person B to see his address or know how much money is in his wallet.
If Person A does a transfer from XRP to BTC with the BTC address as Person B's, can Person B find out Person A's address?
Interested to see ways this can be used with Bitcoin ATM's as well.
Sorry for the question, new to this stuff.
>>
>>2725496
If you're trying to launder money just use Monero
>>
>>2725496
There are bitcoin tumblers for your stolen coins
>>
>>2725501
>>2725505
Not trying to launder, just don't want the recipient of the bitcoins to see my address. Would they still be able to see my XRP address if I used shapeshift?
>>
for coins other than monero, yes they can. all they need to do is know or guess the estimated exchange rate of btc to xmr, then look for transactions over the past 30 minutes or so with that amount on the bitcoin chain and see which coins were sent to a wallet that's owned by shapeshift.

to prevent this you need to send from a coin that doesnt have a public blockchain
>>
>>2725524
Just make a new wallet specifically for whatever weird thing you're trying to do.
>https://www.gatehub.net/
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.