[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technical Analysis: Meme or Real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 26.jpg (1MB, 411x299px) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
1MB, 411x299px
>>
>>2725073
It's a meme, but remember that we can meme things into existence. If enough people use TA it becomes real.
>>
>>2725085
this
if you do TA alone it doesn't work, but if you post it on 4chan it might work
>>
(an anon's post I saved, with some modifications)

Where do you believe price movements come from? I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding that a lot of people have with technical analysis.

For example: If you notice a large amount of buy (Ask/Offer) volume, over a certain short time interval, what implication does that give you? If people want lots of something, as implied by that buy volume, what generally happens to price (and the opposite sense for sell volume)?

If price depends on volume, and, specifically, the movements of price are determined by the levels of both sell and buy volume, then does it not make sense to draw conclusions from trends by following, in some manner, these two variables? Whether it be momentum indicators, candle sticks, moving averages, trend-lines, and support/resistance. They all stem from these basic concepts of volume and price.

There is nothing wrong with making speculation based on these studies. I'll never understand where or when this idea of "randomness" in the market got such a stronghold foothold on /biz/.

It is wise to follow both fundamentals and technicals. Don't fall for the trap of having your opinion blind you from helpful insights.
>>
Stocks:real
Coins:meme
>>
>>2725562
Stocks: meme (trust me, i work at an investment office)
Coins: meme
>>
File: 1483560076631.jpg (11KB, 223x255px) Image search: [Google]
1483560076631.jpg
11KB, 223x255px
>>2725569
>(trust me, i work at an investment office)
>>
>>2725073
I wonder how much of it is a self for filling prophecy..
>>
>>2725706
Fuck spelling control self fulfilling*
>>
>>2725073
it doesnt work and 95% of the signals are pseudoscience for /pol/-tier brainlets

technical analysis is quantitative analysis for people who can't do math or program
>>
>>2725706
I see this thrown a lot at TA, but what a lot of people don't stop to consider if the fact that a lot of investing is based on psychology and perception, and following the crowd.

In my opinion, the only way to solidly value something's price is to discount its future cash net cash inflows to you, the investor. If price is above/below that present value, then it's over/undervalued. Other than that, fundamental analysis is purely speculation and perception (eg: "oh this firm's ratio is better than its competitors, therefore, this is a better company to invest in" - and every other fund notices this exact same thing and they all invest and drive the price up), just like TA. And there's nothing wrong with speculation and perception, as long as it's based on something.

Of course, TA won't tell whether or not a company is about to go bankrupt, but that's why I also believe both fundamental and technical analysis should be used.
>>
>>2725782
Which is the same as self fulfilling prophecy.

This is why economists can never predict shit using their meme analysis voodoo because economists don't control the economy. It's like traders who largely control the price to an extent until a giant whale kike comes along and takes a huge whale shit on their meme analysis.

Kikes created meme analysis for this very purpose - to make the weak predictable and easy to profit from.
>>
>>2726157

>Kikes created meme analysis for this very purpose - to make the weak predictable and easy to profit from.
Damn I really feel like that is the most important thing I could read on this thread. Makes me think of trying to profit off of my twitter TA guys with a whole new strategy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.