[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$10k from gambling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: melan-wire.png (377KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
melan-wire.png
377KB, 1280x800px
So after taxes are taken into account, I won roughly $10,000 gambling a couple of nights ago.

The only problem is what am I going to do with it? I live basically paycheck to paycheck but I don't have many loans or debts to pay off aside from my student loans from college.

Should I just put it towards my student loans? I still owe like $25,000. Would it be worth it to shave it down some? Should I invest it into something like Bitcoin? Get a new car? Mine is from fucking 1997. It's going to break down soon, I can feel it.

I've never been good with money. At all. Please give advice.
>>
>>2721904
convert it to bitcoins and send it to me
>>
Turn it to $40K by buying XRP and holding until January.
>>
What kind of gambling?

Are you good at poker, sports betting, horse racing or dfs?

If you play a skill game like that, you could potentially turn that into your bankroll and use strict BR management to double your cash in about 6.

I won $1,500 playing poker last night from a $100 buyin
>>
>>2721904
What are you student loan interest rates, and what kind of car do you have? What are the problems with it? How often do you drive it?

The car's old as fuck, but if you've taken care of it, it could still get you from point A to point B with proper maintenance.
>>
>>2721904
Real financial advice from an adult here.

Questions.

1.) What interest rate are your student loans at? If >5%, you'll want to pay this off first.
2.) Do you have an emergency fund? Guessing not since you said you live "paycheck to paycheck". Take 2 months of living expenses and put it in a savings account.
3.) How many miles does your car have? If still driveable, keep it. Or take 6-8k of your money and get yourself a decent 3-5 year old car with low mileage on it.

No bitcoin. No new cars. Don't burn it all, you dumb kid.

Take it and invest into a better future for you. This may mean paying off debt (debt is negative income) or securing a reliable vehicle.

It depends on your situation what choice you should make.
>>
File: 1464043831397.jpg (184KB, 435x443px) Image search: [Google]
1464043831397.jpg
184KB, 435x443px
>>2721904
Well that's a thinker. If you didn't have those huge fucking debts, I'd say invest in crypto, but you've got huge fucking debts... You probably should be responsible and just pay off some of that student loan debt, but that's under the assumption that you're going to hit the rest with full fury and pay it off quick instead of doing stupid shit with your income, like gambling. Since you're you in your situation, either go all on on a shitcoin, or just buy hookers and blow, because you're a gambler in heavy debt anyway and probably won't do anything to fix that regardless of being up ten grand. Otherwise, grow a pair of testicles, be the man your dad failed at making you, pay debts, and start investing smartly instead of gamblin' with da boys, and join us in lamboland.
>>
>Living paycheck to paycheck
>Not knowing what to do with extra !money

This is why people are poor. Not because of color or being "unlucky", but just being ignorant of how to deal with finances.
>>
>>2722008
Majority of people know jack shit about finance in general.

How many people do you know that could do their taxes by hand?
>>
Put it all on BTC. Its not really your money so the risk is irrelevant
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.