[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$$$

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0070.png (524KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.png
524KB, 2048x1536px
What is stopping me buying a coin from an exchange for low, transferring it to a wallet, then selling it for more on a different exchange?

This being done quickly in order to ensure price stays relatively the same.

If you go to coin market cap, choose a coin, then go to markets, you can usually find coins at different prices on different markets usually with a 3 to 5% difference

Considering I am trading with high volume and each my market I am trading on has a decent percentage of the coin (>5%)

What is stopping me taking advantage of this? Would the volatility of the coin wipe out my gains and would I be left holding bags? Or would the fees fuck me over with the transfer from different wallets and markets/exchanges?

Pic related
>>
>>2719100
>What is stopping me buying a coin from an exchange for low, transferring it to a wallet, then selling it for more on a different exchange?
A thousand bots doing the same, plus transaction fees
>>
This is called arbitrage, many people have gained immense wealth because of it. (see George Soros) Good luck!
>>
Congrats you discovered arbitrage, it's perfectly legal and help equalize the markets. Nothing is stopping you but speed and volatility if you're not using a bot to identify where the spread is worth the fees. However if you end up in an overseas exchange like china korea or japan, good back getting your usd back.
>>
for me, being a chink.
ans was $7 on yunbi when it was $10 on bittrex a week ago
>>
>>2719100
Cypto does not transfer instantly.
BTC takes time, ETH has huge gas cost.
Thing is by the time all the wallets and exchanges transfer there might not be a 5% difference.

Example. Wanted to do that for the first time Poloniex hodl my transfer for 1 day....

Wanted to do that second time it took 30 min by that time difference was 2% not covering fees.
>>
>>2719100
>What is stopping me buying a coin from an exchange for low, transferring it to a wallet, then selling it for more on a different exchange?
fees
other faggots get the exact same idea and the price difference doesn't last long enough for you to take advantage
>>
There are different types of arbitage. Regular arb, like op discovered and triangular arb.. (ex. eth/btc, eth/usd, btc/usd). Many bots are configured to take advantage of arb. Many times you find it, it's either not enough for a profit, under exchange trade minimum amount, or have a few seconds-minutes before the trades gone. But if you find one you can complete, keep your eye on them markets
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.