[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BNT FOR BRAINLETS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: og_image.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
og_image.png
10KB, 400x400px
Okay, no one seems to have any fucking clue what Bancor does. Simply because people don't take the time to read anything, and are pissed about the ICO dropping in value.
Here is exactly what Bancor's value prop is:
Bancor is a Coinbase-Bittrex hybrid for alt-coins, ERC20 tokens, and community coins.
That's it. Simple as fucking that. Now here a 3 test cases that barely scratch the surface of this coin's technology.
First is crowdfunding via Bancor. Crowd-funders donate to a project they like and become coin-holders. That way if the funded project is successful the coin-holders share in profits of its success.
This in itself is genius, because traditional crowdfunding sites just take peoples money. Sometimes they'll throw the funders a bone and offering them a shitty "Beta" version product.
Next is ETF's. Specifically users can create tokens that are crypto-portfolios that work exactly like ETF's (So say if you're bullish on decentralized cloud-storage but don't want to buy just Sia. You can create an ETF, a Bancor coin, with 50% Sia, 30% Steemit, 20% BTC) The beauty of this is that any fucking normie user can create a coin like an ETF in a matter of minutes.
Final test case is let's look at a University. A university could create a coin, let's call it Notre Dame coin. This coin could be usable on campus restaurants, the alumni store, to buy sporting events tickets, etc.
Student organizations could then SELL these coins to alumni/parents/students as a reward for DONATING to the student organizations charities.
Thus the University benefits three-fold. The average amount of philanthropic donations goes up, the University can sell merchandise, and finally the University can write-off the cost of anything purchased with a Notre-Dame Coin because the university is technically donating the merchandise to raise money for charity. Win-Win-Win
If crypto is ever going to scale it will be with a protocol like Bancor's
>>
>>2714642
How long do think it will be before the price actually starts to rise?
>>
>>2714642
BUY MY BAGS PLEASE. SOMEONE??
>>
>>2714642
Isn't there only like 40 lines of code? Plus with the insane amount of money the BNT dev team made off of the ICO, do they really have an incentive to stay on schedule? I buy the value proposition and I love the dev team, but these two things make me hesitant about initiating a position.
>>
>>2714664
I think not until after multiple token changers and people can create coins. So next year until anything significant.
>>2714682
>Isn't there only like 40 lines of code?
According to the people here. Look at the demo page https://app.demo.bancor.network/discover
I think they aim for a lot more than what the ICO raised. Research the advisors and partnerships with bancor.
>>
File: 1498249212863.jpg (100KB, 395x650px) Image search: [Google]
1498249212863.jpg
100KB, 395x650px
https://medium.com/unchained-reports/bancor-unchained-all-your-token-are-belong-to-us-d6bb00871e86
>>
>>2714739
>posting stale FUD debunked ages ago
wew
>>
>>2714712
First tokenchanger will come out this month. Next will be mostly copy paste and much faster. Also a lot else to come out this summer.
>>
>>2714642
Don't even post Bancor threads anymore. Everyone that understands it's a fairly normal coin with its own uniqueness and no catastrophic problems, coupled with good versatility, knows it's a good hold.

What does bother me however, is the same three or four pieces of fud that people bring up just so you can debunk it. It's a fucking waste of time. People are too sensitive and retarded here to really behave maturely in its presence.
>>
>>2714739
Lol the faggot that wrote that flip flopped so many times in comments and then said something like "I work 60 hours a week, I don't have time to look that in depth at the code"
>>
You stole my pasta you faggot
>>
oh wow there is still a bancor shabbos goy alive
i thought you faggots had all offed yourselfes already
>>
>>2714957
True, 99% pajeet retards on this board spamming the same shit over and over again. Good that every bancor holder knows that the money is were the normies are at.
>>
>>2714984
nice /pol/ lingo tip your fedora to your autism
>>
>>2714957
shut up pajeet
>>
File: IMG_20170625_201838.jpg (120KB, 780x1095px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_201838.jpg
120KB, 780x1095px
Nobancs have got to be some of the dumbest people I've ever come across. Don't worry guys, I'll let you ride shotgun in my lambo
>>
>>2714984
Buying in now is literally the best time possible.

It's as low as it'll ever be, since the bancor team guarantees you can sell them your BNT at a rate of .01 ETH

Safest investment around as long as ETH doesn't tank
>>
I read their whitepaper and I understand how it works, I just don't believe there is enough evidence that their coins will appreciate in value even if their business is a success.
>>
>>2714642
BUY

O
U
R

COIN
>>
>>2714998
You're retarded.
>>
>>2715042
we're gonna need a bigger oven
>>
Antshares and bnt piece of whores accumulate to the max
>>
>>2714957
ignore them. i post this for other bancs and the undecided
>>2714975
no i stole it from plebbit
>>
>>2715046
you're not potty trained.
>>
File: SI6bs.jpg (67KB, 501x400px) Image search: [Google]
SI6bs.jpg
67KB, 501x400px
>>2714642
>Bancor is a Coinbase-Bittrex hybrid for alt-coins, ERC20 tokens, and community coins.
so basically you're saying they'll eventually be able to do what shapeshift already does?
>>
>>2714642
Show me a working exchange and not something that got typed onto a white paper. Aka Jews aka the coin is shit because it does nothing. Show me a working product.. you can't will never show me because it will never happen. I hate a Jew got the money and ran but I feel great about everyone lost there ass.
>>
>>2715085
so basically read the other points
>>
>>2715091
https://app.demo.bancor.network/
gas yourself
>>
>>2715104
nobancs are the worst people on earth.
>>
>>2715085
Shape-shifting works for like 8 coins and you can't create new coins in a user-friendly app

God I sware some people on here are really dumb
>>
File: BNT.jpg (8KB, 250x161px) Image search: [Google]
BNT.jpg
8KB, 250x161px
>literally unshtuppable
>>
>>2715134
>Shape-shifting works for like 8 coins
more like ~60 coins

>can't create new coins in a user-friendly app
I would never do this

Why is it so difficult to understand that there is literally no use for bancor as a centralized service on a decentralized blockchain
>>
why would any other token built on top of a middleman like this? they have no incentive to and would lose control of their money and incur extra charges that would make them less competitive.

a few lines of code and a thousand bagholders doesnt make for a compelling product.
>>
File: nobancswithnoarguments.jpg (10KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
nobancswithnoarguments.jpg
10KB, 230x219px
>>2715160
> I dont understand it therefore noone needs it
> why use google when you can search it in a library?
>>
>>2715182
Liquidity and stability instantly

Also it opens up 98% of the market of people who don't know how to code their own cryptocurrencies
>>
>>2715202
you still have to create your currency. this does nothing but attempt to fix liquidy in a way that costs the token issuer a lot of money.
>>
>>2715160
look I agree but that any shitcoin can get traded without a buyer or seller but straight through the smart contract is pretty sweet.
>>
>>2715182
>>2715160
People want to create coins, don't know how, aren't going to learn how and this will enable them. You see no use for it, you are not their target.
>>
>>2715160
Because ICO will eventually be illegal and the best place to build new currencies will be on a centralized regulated protocol.

In this respect I trust the ultimate Jewish coin will capitalize on that
>>
File: bnt_bags.jpg (123KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
bnt_bags.jpg
123KB, 1000x670px
>>2715195
but i do understand it. I'm telling you, bancor will simply not last. The actual use cases for optimized payment channels on top of ethereum that reduce tx fees, along with existing services (that will continue to improve) like shapeshift make bancor completely useless and unnecessary.
>>
>>2715230
added to screencap.
Time will prove who was right litle nobanc.
>>
>>2715230
he's going to turn those cans and bottles into BNT and drive home in a lambo?
>>
File: bnt_gains.png (242KB, 2340x1272px)
bnt_gains.png
242KB, 2340x1272px
>>2715237
>added to screencap
wew
>>
>>2715210
No it gives a platform where making a coin could be as simple as making a LinkedIn account
>>
>>2714642
thank you based OP, so refreshing to see actually useful post instead a bunch of fucktards screaming THIS SHITCOIN IS CRASHING SCAM SCAM SCAM REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2715281
wow dont make yourself look even more retarded.
low volume IOU inflated by retards made it drop wow what a nice graph. I am done with you retard
>>
>>2715230
you have a point. but shapeshift does not have every little shitcoin there is, bcs they will be created using bancor.
>>
>>2715290
Come to the new crypto board on 4+4 chan if you'd like some actual discussion from non retards
>>
>>2715282
>where making a coin could be as simple as making a LinkedIn account
and why does this imply value if it's easy and everyone can do it??

If everyone's doing it, it seems the only people who profit are Bancor when people try to exchange Disney dollars for Universal Studio dollars, and that's IF, I repeat IF, the entire world uses bancor, which is low probability given the incentive just doesn't and will never exist for the majority.

But nice try with your world currency skimmer...
>>
>>2715281
do you even know what that blue line is? you fucking faggot? did you start trading crypto yesterday? this board is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>2715311
you do realize the supply of BNT can be manipulate directly by bancor, right? they intentionally wrote their code to do just this.
>>
>>2715307
Because it increases marketshare tenfold or more when universities, local parks, small towns, county fairs, android/iPhone apps, etc.

All start creating currencies to raise funds or provide rewards, discounts

You don't need everyone in the world to adopt it you fucking imbecil.

And chances are much greater more people adopt a technology like BNT than one like BTC.
>>
>>2715229
>Because ICO will eventually be illegal and the best

This is Def going to happen, people are going to get fucking ruined by these complete shit I'd, the sec is never going to allow this shit to go on.
>>
File: 1460327250924.gif (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460327250924.gif
3MB, 360x360px
>>2714642
>buy my bags
>>
>>2715007
>Safest investment around as long as ETH doesn't tank
Like it's been doing for a while now?
They should have tied it to BTC desu senpai, in which case it'd be a marvellous coin indeed
>>
File: Honeymoon Pic 1 - 06.07.18.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Honeymoon Pic 1 - 06.07.18.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>2715418
stupidness of nobancs confirmed once again
cant make this shit up
>>
File: 1499095459515.webm (383KB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499095459515.webm
383KB, 404x720px
simple pattern: eth increase in market value, affects the price of ANS and BNT. so fucking accumulate your semen in these holes. its a matter of fcking time you whores
>>
>You can create an ETF, a Bancor coin, with 50% Sia, 30% Steemit, 20% BTC)
Wut
A coin made of other coins or a coin thats a wallet for other coins?
Do you actually hold the 3 crypto its made of yourself or is it a voucher for when you cash out?
>>
lol bancorfags. you were warned.
>>
is this shit still 30% under the ICO price? tempted to buy, can't be the ONLY ico that just completely fails right?
>>
>>2715544
It works like an ETF

An ETF is a fund that holds a reserve of stocks all based around one investment strategy

For example a growth ETF could invest in 10 companies in South America that mine different minerals or oil.

Instead of buying the 10 stocks yourself you can buy an ETF which diversified your risk, but gives you the gains experienced by this sector
>>
>>2715608
Yes I got in at the current price and I think it's the best deal around.

The cherry on top is the Bancor team had made a pledge to buy back BNT at .01 ETH price for the next 2 YEARS.
>>
>>2715609
If I'm reading their faq right, you buy in with whatever currency you want and it automatically trades it and places your contribution into the fund?
>>
>>2715746
Exactly

Frickin genius
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.